HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
Any update from FlyEagle

I am in a similar waiting game. Just curious if you have had an update? Also, what scheme did you order?
SWIMACARD is offline Find More Posts by SWIMACARD
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
Registered User
United States, IL, Hinckley
Joined Mar 2003
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFpilotjst View Post
To answer your question, NO I still have not received the F-16 jet I ordered. It has now been more than seven months since the order was placed on November 22, 2012 and paid for in full. The representative emailed me this past month (mid June) with pictures of a painted F-16 in the scheme I ordered sitting in some sort of workshop with another aircraft in the background. While I hope they are really photos of the jet I ordered and not some stock photos the company has, it does appear that they have completed the construction of the F-16 (short of the scale exhaust tail-cone and any sort of landing gear as of the time of this post). I had not received anything from the rep since February timeframe even after actively emailing them to find out what was going on. I guess the company finally decided to come off of the "new year" and start working again... maybe.

The representative stated in the same email:

"The F16 is in the packing department already.

But lacks the landing gears and some other parts.

If the parts are ready, I will arrange it to you ASAP."

As usual, the rep. would not provide any timeline for when that will be completed short of giving me the hope that it will be sent at some point in the future ("ASAP"). Still no notification of if or when that will be. I had pretty much written off this purchase as having been taken by this business as of May and still don't hold any high hopes. Nevertheless I guess we'll see from what everyone else has posted given the expansive timelines they take to build anything after stating that the plane would be completed in several weeks in the initial emails. Maybe something will come of it yet. Odds are against it though from what I'm hearing from fellow modelers.
Sorry that you're suffering the same treatment as so many of us have in the past, and that you made the mistake of actually sending money to them instead of paying via Paypal Credit Card.

Don't know why anyone would even consider dealing with FEJ when they continue to treat their customers with such severe disrespect
Hinckley Bill is online now Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
Airplanes400's Avatar
USA, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Nov 2010
5 Posts
The excuses FEJ gives are their typical bs. They do that to everyone.

While they really weren't building your jet, they were building many of their own jets (with your money) that they used in a Jet Rally in Kentuckey last month. Yep, your money went to their expenses to fly themselves to the USA last month! Aren't they just a great bunch of guys!?

When they get other suckers to send them money, FEJ will start building your jet. But that will be months from now. I also doubt very much that FEJ is moving their factory. Just more b.s. They have been using that excuse for more than a year now. Actually closer to two years!
Airplanes400 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanes400
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 09:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
I ordered a FEJ 1:7 F-15E in January 2013 with a promise from Johnny Wang that it would be delivered "100% by 30 June or earlier". Like many of you have experienced, once 30 June rolled by emails were not answered, a variety of excuses were given like 'going to painting dept now' photo of an F-15E with no landing gear installed canopy not installed etc sent. When I tried to talk to Johnny I only ever got his assistant and was told 'he is at a model event', 'he is sick and away for a week,' 'he is at a model event', 'he is sick and gone to Taiwan' 'I go into a lift now and lose coverage', 'we are closed for holiday next week'. I was emailed that the composite parts had been sent from Beijing to Zhuhai and that DHL costs were much higher from Beijing than Zhuhai so they ship from Zhuhai. Guess what, when it finally was delivered to DHL it was in Beijing. I paid 50% up front and 50% in the week it was originally promised to be delivered. After enlisting the help of a friend who is a former NZ Ambassador to China and then the Consultate General in Guangzhou there was some communication from FEJ but obviously not the truth. Finally I turned to the Embassy of China in Wellington for assistance and a Third Secretary there has been truly helpful. FEJ emailed 5 Sept that the model had shipped. DHL got it 24 Sept. As at 27 Sept my jet is now in Auckland NZ awaiting Customs clearance.
It will be interesting to see if it is complete. My advice to anyone contemplating a purchase from FEJ is:
1. Read the plethora of posts on RC Universe about FEJ and ask yourself if you really want to order from this company.
2. Never pay more than USD1,000 as a deposit.
3. Use an irrevocable Letter of Credit from a reputable international bank for the balance of the payment to be made on production by FEJ of genuine shipping documentation listing EVERYTHING that you have ordered.

The Embassy of China also recommended that customers:
3. Request a copy of FEJ's business licence (It will have official stamps)
4. A copy of the tax certificate relating to the export of your model
5. Never do business with any company in China that only has a mobile phone as the contact number.

I wish I had read more on RC Universe before I placed my order.

Finally, when FEJ missed the 30 June delivery promise I asked them to remove the EV5UA, EV5U and EV2U valves from the order that Johnny had priced at USD720 and to give me a refund. I'm still waiting for the refund because he states that the valves are included in the shipment. If they are I'll remove them and send them back. The Embassy is going to follow this matter up for me.

I have bought a lot of models over the years from FiberClassics, C-ARF, Philip Avonds and thousands of dollars of parts from numerous specialist supliers all over the world. I did have a long wait to get the landing gear for my MiG-29A from FC (intervention by the NZ Embassy in Berlin was required on that occassion) but never such dreadful customer servcie as from FEJ.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, I will be x-raying the elevators, fins/rudders and wings to see the internal support structures following the crash of Dantley's F-14 in California. I will put a comprehensive post on RC Universe about his whole saga when I've got the x-ray pictures.
Paul Buckrell is offline Find More Posts by Paul Buckrell
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2013, 06:21 AM
Registered User
RCISFUNREM's Avatar
Erie, PA USA
Joined Dec 2004
57 Posts
Paul,
I can tell you that a buddy of mine on RCU has had numerous issues, finally FEJ sent him a new model with all wood formers, he posted that he was going to x-ray the stabs, FEJ said don't bother they are good, he decided to open up the stabs because the x-ray was inconclusive. Guess what he found....Honeycomb!
RCISFUNREM is offline Find More Posts by RCISFUNREM
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2013, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
56 Posts
Honey Comb used as formers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCISFUNREM View Post
Paul,
I can tell you that a buddy of mine on RCU has had numerous issues, finally FEJ sent him a new model with all wood formers, he posted that he was going to x-ray the stabs, FEJ said don't bother they are good, he decided to open up the stabs because the x-ray was inconclusive. Guess what he found....Honeycomb!
I as well, ordered a 1/4.5 scale Hawk in September of last year and received the model in May of this year. I requested to have solid plywood as formers in my model and the Rep I dealt with assured me that they will come with solid plywood formers. Guess what, I decided to drill a small hole through the former on which the elevator mechanism gets bolted to. To my amazement, the drill bit, which is as tiny as a hair pin, sunk through the place with relative ease. Drilling through butter would have been even harder!

Initially, I thought folks were just giving FEJ too much flack, but now I think they are an irresponsible, lying cheats I have ever come across. They will never gain my trust let alone have my business ever again.
captward is offline Find More Posts by captward
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2013, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2013
2 Posts
Problems with johnny need help

Hi

I have the same problem with flyeaglejet. I orderd and hawk L and a A10 the but i m still waiting for delivery. johnny say dhl sending him the tracking nr. In3-4 days this was 3weeks bevor.

Can you give me a tip, so i can go forward to push him.

Thanks for help

Regards dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWIMACARD View Post
I am in a similar waiting game. Just curious if you have had an update? Also, what scheme did you order?
Cyberfish is offline Find More Posts by Cyberfish
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2013, 01:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2013
2 Posts
Problems with johnny need help

Problems with johnny need help

Hi

I have the same problem with flyeaglejet. I orderd and hawk L and a A10 the but i m still waiting for delivery. johnny say dhl sending him the tracking nr. In3-4 days this was 3weeks bevor.

Can you give me a tip, so i can go forward to push him.

Thanks for help

Regards dani


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Buckrell View Post
I ordered a FEJ 1:7 F-15E in January 2013 with a promise from Johnny Wang that it would be delivered "100% by 30 June or earlier". Like many of you have experienced, once 30 June rolled by emails were not answered, a variety of excuses were given like 'going to painting dept now' photo of an F-15E with no landing gear installed canopy not installed etc sent. When I tried to talk to Johnny I only ever got his assistant and was told 'he is at a model event', 'he is sick and away for a week,' 'he is at a model event', 'he is sick and gone to Taiwan' 'I go into a lift now and lose coverage', 'we are closed for holiday next week'. I was emailed that the composite parts had been sent from Beijing to Zhuhai and that DHL costs were much higher from Beijing than Zhuhai so they ship from Zhuhai. Guess what, when it finally was delivered to DHL it was in Beijing. I paid 50% up front and 50% in the week it was originally promised to be delivered. After enlisting the help of a friend who is a former NZ Ambassador to China and then the Consultate General in Guangzhou there was some communication from FEJ but obviously not the truth. Finally I turned to the Embassy of China in Wellington for assistance and a Third Secretary there has been truly helpful. FEJ emailed 5 Sept that the model had shipped. DHL got it 24 Sept. As at 27 Sept my jet is now in Auckland NZ awaiting Customs clearance.
It will be interesting to see if it is complete. My advice to anyone contemplating a purchase from FEJ is:
1. Read the plethora of posts on RC Universe about FEJ and ask yourself if you really want to order from this company.
2. Never pay more than USD1,000 as a deposit.
3. Use an irrevocable Letter of Credit from a reputable international bank for the balance of the payment to be made on production by FEJ of genuine shipping documentation listing EVERYTHING that you have ordered.

The Embassy of China also recommended that customers:
3. Request a copy of FEJ's business licence (It will have official stamps)
4. A copy of the tax certificate relating to the export of your model
5. Never do business with any company in China that only has a mobile phone as the contact number.

I wish I had read more on RC Universe before I placed my order.

Finally, when FEJ missed the 30 June delivery promise I asked them to remove the EV5UA, EV5U and EV2U valves from the order that Johnny had priced at USD720 and to give me a refund. I'm still waiting for the refund because he states that the valves are included in the shipment. If they are I'll remove them and send them back. The Embassy is going to follow this matter up for me.

I have bought a lot of models over the years from FiberClassics, C-ARF, Philip Avonds and thousands of dollars of parts from numerous specialist supliers all over the world. I did have a long wait to get the landing gear for my MiG-29A from FC (intervention by the NZ Embassy in Berlin was required on that occassion) but never such dreadful customer servcie as from FEJ.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, I will be x-raying the elevators, fins/rudders and wings to see the internal support structures following the crash of Dantley's F-14 in California. I will put a comprehensive post on RC Universe about his whole saga when I've got the x-ray pictures.
Cyberfish is offline Find More Posts by Cyberfish
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2013
5 Posts
Now I know I've been had.

November 15...

Presently seven days until it will have been one full year since FEJ has not delivered my F-16 I ordered on November 22, 2012 and simply stollen my money. Now I know I've been taken without any doubt about it! At least you guys receiving shoddy built jets are getting something. I would have no doubts of poor quality but at least something.

As of the past two months, I can't even get an email or phone reply back from "Johnny" or FEJ if that is his real name and company name. As a note of interest, I will forever consider never ordering anything again from a business representative that can't speak english worth anything and calls himself by a western name leaving his phone and wire transfer bank account out of country as a "US representative". FEJ are 100% a pure sham without any question in regards to my F-16 order. I am surprised jet event coordinators are not banning FEJ from all US and AMA legitimately sanctioned jet events given their record of not delivering and stealing peoples money. It sounds like their jets pose a strong safety hazard as well from prior posts from poor craftsmanship. Such action might serve to demonstrate to "Johnny boy" that there are repercussions for committing theft of peoples money under a false pretense of delivering a product from a business. Probably just change his name to Billy or Bob or something equally generic and create a new false business front anyways.

Good luck to you guys with asking the Chinese embassy to do anything about your order! I very much hope something productive comes out of that.
EDFpilotjst is offline Find More Posts by EDFpilotjst
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2013, 02:51 PM
It's like an addiction!
Downwind3Zero's Avatar
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
I am very sorry for the trouble you are having and it's a shame that they treat their customers that way. I would however never consider using wire transfer of any sort to buy anything anywhere - it's giving them cash without a receipt.
Hope it turns out OK for you.
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2014, 07:59 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
1,613 Posts
A friend is waiting for his jet for over a year now
pavlis is offline Find More Posts by pavlis
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2014, 09:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2013
10 Posts
fej jets are junk DO NOT BUY FROM THEM they rip you off steal from you and there jets sre not strong enough, the amount of jets that have crashed on there first flight is shocking and this is because they are built badly save your thousands and buy a better brand you only need to go to rc universe to see the problems people are having with these jets.
steph69 is offline Find More Posts by steph69
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Fly Eagle Jet F-16 1:8 Scale Turbine to EDF Conversion? neversommer Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 27 Apr 07, 2013 02:04 PM
Sold F-16 Fly Eagle Jet main retracts, brand new!!! unclegeorge Aircraft - Fuel - Jets (FS/W) 0 Mar 23, 2012 09:43 AM
Discussion Fly Eagle Jets 1/8 F 16 Cosmo21 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Jul 14, 2010 05:04 AM
Sold Fly Eagle Jets 1/8 F-16 Advanced spookyeng Aircraft - Fuel - Jets (FS/W) 2 Jun 29, 2010 12:18 PM
Discussion Fly Eagle Jets F-16 anyone have one? RB51 fan Jet Turbines 12 Apr 01, 2008 10:26 PM