SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2014, 02:13 AM
Belgium, Brussels
Joined Aug 2013
176 Posts
Discussion
When will Eagle OSD support the telemetry MAVLINK standard protocol?

Hi,
When will Eagle OSD support the MAVLINK standard telemetry protocol?
We are thousands of Ardupilot flyers ( multicopters, planes, rovers, helis) using the APM autopilot. This autopilot generates telemetry that is received real time on a GCS , transmitted as MAVLINK data flow. It contains all of the data that Eagle OSD would dream of to display on screen for FPV.
At the moment the only OSD I found to support MAVLINK is the MinimOSD product; however I am not happy with it as it does not support video IN streams from certain cameras like the Sony NEX5 (after hdmi2AV) and it is a very unstable, fidly product that never worked for me.

I WOULD LIKE a professional product such as a MAVLINK compatible EAGLE OSD. Can my wish be fulfilled?

Rgs
Hugues
HuguesD is offline Find More Posts by HuguesD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:23 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
455 Posts
Hugues,

We currently do not have plans to use the APM MAVLINK protocol. I will add your request to our "feature request" list which our product development team reviews regularly for prioritization of future development projects.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor