SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2013, 07:06 AM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Discussion
What's new for you in 2013?

Not what you have on the bench or what you have already purchased but what future builds/plans do you have for this year?

I'm thinking hard about that JS-3 kit, the RSO Radschlepper and hopefully before I die someone releases a Centurion!

Or any British tank.

~ Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:02 AM
General of the Army
United States, PA, Sellersville
Joined Apr 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
Not what you have on the bench or what you have already purchased but what future builds/plans do you have for this year?

I'm thinking hard about that JS-3 kit, the RSO Radschlepper and hopefully before I die someone releases a Centurion!

Or any British tank.

~ Jeff
Ahhhh, because we know it's coming, I guess you will just have to go modern then Jeff, & buy the Challenger 2 when it's available, haha

For myself, I "plan" to get a Sherman M4A3 & a T34/85 some time this year ... but unfortunately my planning has been sunk too many times in this economy already the last couple years , so planning is more like hoping!

But one thing, I'll definitely be working on another Pantherturm ___ ___

~ Craig ~
badassforce is offline Find More Posts by badassforce
Old Apr 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Ummm, the Chally 2 is a given.

For one, I knew it was coming. Two, I like it better than the Abrams.

Still need some British tank!

~ Jeff
Old Apr 10, 2013, 03:09 PM
Sudbury ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
120 Posts
No new tanks for me; but I plan to upgrade to a Clark TK-22 / Benedini combo for my H.L. Pershing....The Clark " real recoil" has given me new ideas for the "smoking gun" project I worked on a couple years ago....
strmnd54 is offline Find More Posts by strmnd54
Old Apr 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
General of the Army
Joined Apr 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
Ummm, the Chally 2 is a given.

For one, I knew it was coming. Two, I like it better than the Abrams.

Still need some British tank!

~ Jeff
Ummmmm, for one, to you it should be obvious I already know, that you knew the the Challenger II was coming, because I said, "we know it's coming" in my reply, & because two, the pictures of it at the 2013 Nuremberg toy fair were already graciously shared by Tigertiki's Photobucket album & posted to RCU as well as other forums which we both know you frequent.

But you adding "Or any British tank." to your first post seems a bit whiny if you already know at least one is already coming this year, doesn't it? Makes it also seem more like you didn't know at least one British tank was already coming. But since we both know the Challenger 2 is definitely coming ... in your last reply instead of saying "Still need some British tank!", you should now be saying ... "Still need MORE British tanks", because obviously for you the Chally 2 & one British tank won't be enough - lol -

Anyway, I could care less about the Challenger, Abrams, or Leo, I don't like modern tanks one bit really, I'm more with you in what we really need would be a nice vintage WWII era British tank ... that's what I'll be waiting & hoping will come next year, or at least by 2015, because it doesn't look too good that we see any this year.

~ Craig ~
Old Apr 10, 2013, 03:30 PM
General of the Army
Joined Apr 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strmnd54 View Post
No new tanks for me; but I plan to upgrade to a Clark TK-22 / Benedini combo for my H.L. Pershing....The Clark " real recoil" has given me new ideas for the "smoking gun" project I worked on a couple years ago....
That was an awesome project (as well as the more recent speaker smoker ), so it will be nice to see some new videos & any new mod or directions you can take with it using the Clark boards!

~ Craig ~
Old Apr 10, 2013, 04:37 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
I just wanted to inject some life around here and see what everyone is wanting for future projects.

~ Jeff
Last edited by Panther F; Apr 10, 2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,843 Posts
OK How about doing some scratch builds like one of a kind tank like some I have all ready done. Future projects dont know yet. I may take a brake for a little wile;-))
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Apr 10, 2013, 05:36 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,843 Posts
scratch build one of a kind tanks

OK I have been taking 120th chassics and converting them into tanks you cant pickup or even in kits or RC . I had been looking for different tanks and decided to just build my own. for something different. Enjoy Don the rustbucket Just a thought . All of them are RC with working goodys.;-))
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket