HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:39 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
Jetnfast, thanks for the input. I was planning on building as light as possible. Thinking of doing the S-Bus setup with wires to see if that would save some weight instead of having all the extentions. But the cost is what is keeping me from that setup at this time. Once I get the time to start building I will make the decision then. I already have all the extentions, so that is what I might do. I just don't like seeing the bundle of wires in the fuse like I have seen in some of the pictures. Just looks like a bunch of weight that could be reduced. Anyway, I just need to get struts coming. Wife says I have to wait on the batteries and struts. Hoping to have it completed for spring.
S-Bus was designed to simplify the install and eliminate errors when plugging the servos in. I don't think you'll see any significant weight savings. You'll incur a bit more initial expense buying the programmer for your S-Bus servos.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:43 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen95 View Post
Sorry if I'm missing something extremely obvious, but on the E-Flite Habu page where there's a link to download the DX8 setup for the Habu, I can't seem to figure out how to download successfully. All I get when I download is the following text:

Fly the Habu 32 with E-flite's very own David Payne's settings. The setting includes a separate nose gear steering channel on the Aux 3 knob that also has a dual rate on the mix channel.
Works for item:
EFL8075

Can someone show me how to actually acccess the setup? Thanks so much!

Best,
Kevin
Go to the spektrum site, log in where you registered your DX8 and you can download it there.
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
I know...not a large weight savings. I was just thinking the cleaner setup would be nicer. One wire running from receiver out to all the servos instead of a bunch of wires that work their way back to the receiver. I am thinking of changing thing up simply because the cost of s-bus but it would take one of my small 3channel s-bus receivers and allow me to use up to 18channels or in the case of my radio 14 channels. Then I would not have to use any Y's. For now I do have an 8 channel receiver not being used. So, I will probably use that and go with all the extensions that I have currently. Ashlok connectors for the wings are in consideration, since I will have to remove wings for transporting. This was the main reason for considering S-bus. One wire going to each wing instead of three. The Ashlok connector would give me only one connection to plug and unplug for the wing. Anyway thanks for the input.
Tealc is offline Find More Posts by Tealc
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:40 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
Joined Dec 2000
6,577 Posts
Quote:
I know...not a large weight savings. I was just thinking the cleaner setup would be nicer. One wire running from receiver out to all the servos instead of a bunch of wires that work their way back to the receiver. I am thinking of changing thing up simply because the cost of s-bus but it would take one of my small 3channel s-bus receivers and allow me to use up to 18channels or in the case of my radio 14 channels. Then I would not have to use any Y's. For now I do have an 8 channel receiver not being used. So, I will probably use that and go with all the extensions that I have currently. Ashlok connectors for the wings are in consideration, since I will have to remove wings for transporting. This was the main reason for considering S-bus. One wire going to each wing instead of three. The Ashlok connector would give me only one connection to plug and unplug for the wing. Anyway thanks for the input.
The etracts won't work on the S-Bus. Which Tx are you using?
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:25 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Futaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
The etracts won't work on the S-Bus. Which Tx are you using?
8FG with Super upgrade. Thought I might add... I believe the etracts would work with s-bus if using one of the SBS-1 decoders. Which I was going to have to use for the Hitec servos anyway. But at about $50.00 a piece I think I will use what I have.
Tealc is offline Find More Posts by Tealc
Last edited by Tealc; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps View Post
Go to the spektrum site, log in where you registered your DX8 and you can download it there.
Tks! That worked - it's amazing that all the settings can be automatically transferred to the transmitter via the SD card!

I just reviewed all the Horizion Hobby Habu DX8 settings and while most of them make sense, I'm not sure about two of them:

1). The elevator D/R function screen has different % expo's for the left and right side on the screen - I assume this is for different % of expo when the elevator moves up vs. down?

2). I notice that Horizon Hobby has programmed two mixes (mix 1 and mix 2), but both mixes seem to be rudder to Aux3 (nosegear), with the only difference being mix 1 is 50%, activated by the gear switch and mix 2 is 60%, activated by mix 1. Having one rudder-Aux 3(nosegear) mix makes sense to me, but what's the purpose of having two rudder-Aux 3 mixes, with mix 2 being activated by mix 1?

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
On the nose gear mix is it a negative number? As in turning off steering while in the retracted position?
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
781 Posts
Both mixes are positive numbers. Here are the settings for both:

Mix 1:
rudder to aux 3 (nosegear)
rate 50% 50%
offset 0%
trim Inh
Switch: Gear0

Mix 2:
rudder to aux3 (nosegear)
rate 60% 60%
offset 0%
trim Inh
Switch: mix1

I'm not just sure why there needs to be two mixes going from rudder to aux 3/nosegear?

Kevin
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Seems to me the first one is "steering on" and the second is a increase in steering response for maybe taxiing?
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:19 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
Seems to me the first one is "steering on" and the second is a increase in steering response for maybe taxiing?
Yeah that's my best guess at this point as well

Kevin
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:41 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,324 Posts
Does anyone have a DX8 file that includes a crow mix/function that they would be willing to share? Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:42 AM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Does anyone have a DX8 file that includes a crow mix/function that they would be willing to share? Thanks.
This link may help:
http://www.rcparkflying.com/radio-co...a-spektrum-dx8

Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:48 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
Joined Dec 2000
6,577 Posts
Quote:
8FG with Super upgrade. Thought I might add... I believe the etracts would work with s-bus if using one of the SBS-1 decoders. Which I was going to have to use for the Hitec servos anyway. But at about $50.00 a piece I think I will use what I have.
You are correct they will work with that decoder.
Use these S-Bus Servos instead of the Hitec servos then you will use std S-Bus hubs which are less expensive.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:27 AM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Oostende
Joined Sep 2007
47 Posts
first two flights with Habu 80mm Ejets on 2185KV 6S 5000mAh 45C

http://www.youtube.com/user/edfbhoor
sompop is offline Find More Posts by sompop
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:36 AM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009