HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2003, 11:15 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,058 Posts
First Flight

Depends somewhat on power available and whether you have the 3D or Sport wing setup. Please make sure that you have the balance correct and are using recommended control throws. ROG take-offs are in ten feet. I have the landing gear reversed which works well in grass and stubbly dirt. I added some wire skids to the wing tips to keep wing tips from getting ragged during ROG's and landings. If you have aileron experience plane will be a little twitchy but fairly easy to keep wings level. You may need to set elevator trim right away on the 3D version. The 3D's symmetrical wing needs to be kept at a slight positive angle for level flight at 1/2 throttle. Depending on power/prop used, you my have to adjust rudder and aileron trim to get near hands off flight. I have found the 3D to be easy to fly as it is easy to pull out of mistakes, will fly docile at lower throttle settings. I enjoy playing control line flying my 3D slowly around my head and seeing how low I can go in gusty conditions. I am now using a brushless MiniAC1215/16 in a GWS 300C B gearbox, 8 KAN 950's and 10X8 prop. The "stock" 370 brushed motors don't last long when used in this application.
Hope this helps, it's a great little plane.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2003, 11:54 AM
wild in the park?
McDonough, GA
Joined Mar 2003
1,614 Posts
Yes it helps greatly,
Thanks

Bil
wherndon is offline Find More Posts by wherndon