SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Today, 10:03 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,498 Posts
No, David, that's not "being silly"...
...we are ALL getting older - so that cannot be said as having anything to do with it.

It is being human, and we each understand - in our own way.
There are certain plans that do just the same for me...

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:19 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,676 Posts
If that sentiment is "silly," then I for one, am long gone. I know that much of my 'attraction' to this and the other sites are for "do overs" of those models I know I could build better now, or to re-live some of the glorious flights of the past, and this time be able to steer the model back home instead of soaring out of sight, or to finally be able to have one of those planes that I could not afford as a youth. And succeeding in any of those areas, including just having a plan for a Ben Shereshaw or Goldberg or that long lost Musciano design produces as many, if not more, endorphins than alcohol or a sugar high.

Perhaps that makes me an addict, but at least with far fewer adverse health effects.

Older, wiser, and perhaps 'sillier,'

Pete G
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Today, 04:28 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
Kevin asks "how are you all fixed for World Peace?" Can't make that happen Kevin. Would you settle for Whirled Peas instead?

Rufus
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Today, 06:59 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
If that sentiment is "silly," then I for one, am long gone. I know that much of my 'attraction' to this and the other sites are for "do overs" of those models I know I could build better now, or to re-live some of the glorious flights of the past, and this time be able to steer the model back home instead of soaring out of sight, or to finally be able to have one of those planes that I could not afford as a youth. And succeeding in any of those areas, including just having a plan for a Ben Shereshaw or Goldberg or that long lost Musciano design produces as many, if not more, endorphins than alcohol or a sugar high.

Perhaps that makes me an addict, but at least with far fewer adverse health effects.

Older, wiser, and perhaps 'sillier,'

Pete G
What "long lost Musciano design" are you referring to?
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Today, 09:35 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,612 Posts
Heh! Heh! If every one was busy buldling their hearts desire from these pages, no one would have time for hate and discontent! They'd be too busy, working on the next contest winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
Kevin asks "how are you all fixed for World Peace?" Can't make that happen Kevin. Would you settle for Whirled Peas instead?

Rufus
challenger_i is online now Find More Posts by challenger_i