HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:32 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2002
280 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Discussion
How do I bump my add back to the top??

Life happened so I have been gone a while, but I still can't believe I am needing to ask this!
1g1yy is offline Find More Posts by 1g1yy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:48 PM
-_-
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2005
828 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
My RCG go into ~edit options~
at the bottom which I have highlighted in red is a box you need to check
works in the FS/W section only.

Quote:
Miscellaneous Options
Message Editor InterfaceWhen posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
Basic Editor - A simple text box Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing Message Editor Interface:
Distance preferencesShow member's distance from you in
kilometers miles

Forum Options
Display Forum Selection Menu ("Forum Jump"

Sort Threads by Last Post in For Sale/Wanted Forums

E-MO is offline Find More Posts by E-MO
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:09 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Or just make a post to your thread.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:25 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
Or just make a post to your thread.

mw
The "Sort Threads by Last Post in For Sale/Wanted Forums" box is unchecked by default...unless you specifically go into your "My RCGroups" and check it, posting to your thread won't bump it to the top--except for those of us who have the box checked already.

Seems like the box should be CHECKED by default, and unchecked at the user's option...I think more people are familiar with this convention. If I remember correctly, after the latest big forum upgrade, I had to go back and RE-check the box.
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
It's set to "off" to take away the attraction of people bumping their threads - unless you make an effort to turn it on you won't see bumps - and even if you turn it "on", only other people who have it set that way will see the bumps. And you are only allowed a limited number of bumps even then.

The underlying message being (and confirmed by the mods) that bumping isn't really a behaviour that is encouraged.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
True. One does get two bumps per thread though w/out getting warned.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:56 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
I agree with keeping the "bumping" to a minimum...I just prefer to have the threads that are active to stay near the top of the forums, even the FS/FT forums. Some abuse it though, no doubt...but those folks are going to continue to do so whether the box is checked or not.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:57 PM
tater salad
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Jul 2008
632 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
i think we should have the same bumping ability as pbnation.com does, you can only bump your thread to the top every 6 hours.
nick84 is offline Find More Posts by nick84
Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:10 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
i think we should have the same bumping ability as pbnation.com does, you can only bump your thread to the top every 6 hours.
Every 6 hours? No way. You could have your ad bumped off the front page before anybody except ad bumpers ever saw it. That's exactly the reason the ad bump rules are in place here.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:06 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
784 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Will you get a warning (or generally frowned upon) for relisting the item by starting a new thread?
krefi is offline Find More Posts by krefi
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2002
280 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Yes, how soon can we relist an item that has not sold? I have some motors listed that I thought would sell quickly, but those adds are several pages old now, and I doubt anyone is looking that far back. If I drop the price substantially and add more pics, can I relist rather than bump the old adds with the old prices that most members have already seen?
1g1yy is offline Find More Posts by 1g1yy
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:59 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
I believe that you are allowed to start a new FS/FT thread after a week, as long as you close the previous thread. So, one thread per week, two bumps per thread, according to the rules found at the bottom of each page. HTH...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
784 Posts
That does help. Thanks. Although I do see this statement on the rules page:

"We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An Advertisement is any media which persuades the viewer to take an action. The classified ads area is exempt from this rule."

But the "wait a week" suggestion sounds reasonable to me, and I think that will be my method of operations.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krefi View Post
That does help. Thanks. Although I do see this statement on the rules page:

"We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An Advertisement is any media which persuades the viewer to take an action. The classified ads area is exempt from this rule."

But the "wait a week" suggestion sounds reasonable to me, and I think that will be my method of operations.
You missed the rule that applies:

Overbumping: The post does not contain relevant information and was made purely to keep the poster's thread near the top of the thread listing. We allow two bumps per thread.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:52 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
784 Posts
Gotcha. I saw the overbumping part. But I was making a distinction between overbumping and relisting. In any event, I won't be an offender.