SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Master of Repairs
kknox's Avatar
United States, UT, Grantsville
Joined Mar 2013
989 Posts
FYI - I ran 4 packs with the 16 x 8 prop and 4 packs with the 15 x 5.5 stock prop and there was a major difference in how HOT the engine was. The 16 x 8 was very hot and the stock prop was just warm. Same flying, same throttle usage.

I will purchase a laser temp unit and post what temps I actually am getting. I think I will sand down one of the wood props to a 15 and see what happens.

Keith
kknox is offline Find More Posts by kknox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire Repair
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Registered User
eroeder's Avatar
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy05 View Post
I didnt like the design of the tail wheel either. Installed a Sullivan tail wheel that is supported by the fuse and controlled with springs on the rudder. Several others have done this simple mod and I recommend it!
Which Sullivan tailwheel?
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Maiden flight went perfect on wheels. Then mounted floats and the prop came off at about 50ft high, luckily I had enough water to land. I really don't like the prop shaft compression style mount. Has anyone else had this problem?
Flarotor is online now Find More Posts by Flarotor
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
Mobyal
United States, VA, Lexington
Joined Apr 2007
273 Posts
First flights today w/ replacement motor and cublanding gear. Just great. Replacement doesn'tyet have quite the power of the one I was using that's now back on CZ II, but that's probably because it needs a little running in. And the new gear works just great. Good shock absorption on the rough field I fly off of, even tho I have the stock wheels on it. Can really see the gear working on touchdown and rollout. Right now I have 5 bands/side, but next time I fly it I'll try 4. Good job on that gear, guys....
Mobyal is offline Find More Posts by Mobyal
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 AM
Living The Dream in Bris Vegas
ohaussie's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
400 Posts
Finally got some video of the CZ-C at our float flying site.. My wife's cousin took the video, normally it's just me and my father in law.. Was a great day

Brett

Carbon Cub on water (3 min 50 sec)
ohaussie is offline Find More Posts by ohaussie
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:58 AM
Aka: Ralph
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2012
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kknox View Post
FYI - I ran 4 packs with the 16 x 8 prop and 4 packs with the 15 x 5.5 stock prop and there was a major difference in how HOT the engine was. The 16 x 8 was very hot and the stock prop was just warm. Same flying, same throttle usage.

I will purchase a laser temp unit and post what temps I actually am getting. I think I will sand down one of the wood props to a 15 and see what happens.

Keith
Which motor 50 or 60
dangerdan is offline Find More Posts by dangerdan
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 PM
Master of Repairs
kknox's Avatar
United States, UT, Grantsville
Joined Mar 2013
989 Posts
I removed the stock motor and put in the Power 60 with 100amp Turnigy ESC. Running a 4 Cell 5000mah and 2 Cell 5000mah.

Keith
kknox is offline Find More Posts by kknox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire Repair
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 PM
Registered User
Central New Jersey
Joined Nov 2003
13 Posts
I hope someone can help me. I have the CZC and I'm having problems. Every one says how great this plane is but I'm not having that experience. I'm assuming that it's something I'm doing wrong. The plane is stock except for the Morgan mill battery tray. I'm using a DX6i transmitter. It's balanced right at 120mm from the leading edge.
The problem is that it won't hold trim settings. I go up and let go of the sticks and it dives. I trim it for level flight and it's good for a while but any throttle change and the trim is off again. Land the plane change battery go up let go of the sticks and it dives. I mean nose straight down. Try to trim again but no more trim left. Checked the as3x movement and it is in the right direction.
It's very frustrating knowing everyone else is loving this plane. Any help would be appreciated.
Barry W is offline Find More Posts by Barry W
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:06 PM
Master of Repairs
kknox's Avatar
United States, UT, Grantsville
Joined Mar 2013
989 Posts
Barry - did you check the balance?

This is a good link to help you troubleshoot


http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/bal...airplanes.html


Keith
kknox is offline Find More Posts by kknox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire Repair
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2013
158 Posts
I was always told to leave your trims centered on AS3X planes. Mine dove slightly with anything less then half throttle. I use two gforce 3cell 30c 4000mah batts right at the 120mm mark. All i did was give it a small amount of up elevator mechanically so she flys level at half throttle. Good luck and keep us posted, pun intended.
Boost Lee is online now Find More Posts by Boost Lee
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 PM
Master of Repairs
kknox's Avatar
United States, UT, Grantsville
Joined Mar 2013
989 Posts
I don't use any AS3X type of Receivers. For me they are too complicated to program and aren't worth it unless you are flying a micro plane in the wind.

Some love them.

To troubleshoot you might try a normal RX instead of the AS3X and see what happens.

Keith
kknox is offline Find More Posts by kknox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire Repair
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:39 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry W View Post
I hope someone can help me. I have the CZC and I'm having problems. Every one says how great this plane is but I'm not having that experience. I'm assuming that it's something I'm doing wrong. The plane is stock except for the Morgan mill battery tray. I'm using a DX6i transmitter. It's balanced right at 120mm from the leading edge.
The problem is that it won't hold trim settings. I go up and let go of the sticks and it dives. I trim it for level flight and it's good for a while but any throttle change and the trim is off again. Land the plane change battery go up let go of the sticks and it dives. I mean nose straight down. Try to trim again but no more trim left. Checked the as3x movement and it is in the right direction.
It's very frustrating knowing everyone else is loving this plane. Any help would be appreciated.

Question, did you set all radio trims and sub trims to neutral? If not, the stabilizing receiver will not work well.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:00 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
rdcskkrose's Avatar
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kknox View Post
I don't use any AS3X type of Receivers. For me they are too complicated to program and aren't worth it unless you are flying a micro plane in the wind. To troubleshoot you might try a normal RX instead of the AS3X and see what happens. Keith
^^^^ Amen.
rdcskkrose is online now Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:53 PM
Registered User
SQ4MN's Avatar
Joined Sep 2009
311 Posts
I use the stock as3x receivers on my 3 czc planes. Just plugged them in and flew the planes, no programing at all. Planes all fly great.
SQ4MN is online now Find More Posts by SQ4MN
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite Carbon-Z Splendor BNF ChuckTseeker Sport Planes 1975 Today 07:32 PM
For Sale E-FLITE BL25 POWER 25 BRUSHLESS MOTOR CARBON-Z $57 shipped 3drcparts Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Apr 08, 2013 12:16 AM
For Sale NIB E-Flite Carbon-Z Yak Servo Cobra68 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jan 27, 2013 05:02 PM
Sold E-flite Carbon-Z Yak 54 PNP *LPU* jjohns51 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 06, 2013 02:37 PM