SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
267 Posts
Discussion
Model Airplane News XC Article

In the latest edition of "Model Airplane News" magazine there is a really nice article on XC soaring. Great job Aric!

John E
XC soaringpilot is offline Find More Posts by XC soaringpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:02 PM
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
446 Posts
Thanks, John.

I want to thank Dudley and Kathy. I had finished most of the article but it was lacking a great intro. Dudley sent out his description of Scott Woodward's flight on Sunday and I realized that it was the perfect way to introduce the readers to just how exciting XC is. Once Dudley gave me the OK, it was easy to integrate it.

Kathy's photos were another great addition. I sent the editor over 25 photos to choose from and she commented on what positive feedback they got from people in their office. They even took part of my submission and created a page on their website that included the Montague video.

http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blo...g-diary-video/

--Aric
awilmunder is online now Find More Posts by awilmunder
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Oct 2004
597 Posts
Thanks Aric,
Got to see the article a few minutes ago. Very well done.
Regards Dean
DEAN GRADWELL is offline Find More Posts by DEAN GRADWELL
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Jun 2006
64 Posts
Very nice article with any hope more will get interested and join the fun. There's nothing even close to X/C soaring and the folks are the best.
Ron
rwemacs is online now Find More Posts by rwemacs