HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:25 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
I went back to the gun shop to trade in my defective Taurus. I was gonna get the full size M&P9 but noticed they had the M&P9c so I got that instead! Very nice, and seems to shoot well too from the 35 or so rounds I put through it this afternoon.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Rouch View Post
Just got a call from my police chief giving me a heads up that he has to turn over my ccw info to a freedom of info requist by a local paper. So now everyone will know that I've had a permit for the last 20+ years and carry a Glock 23 and a Firestar 9mm,also the serial # and my home address and work. Maybe I should file a requist for all criminals and where they live. Prob. an infringement of their rights in the great state of CA. Ok as far as carry experiance there are lots of new guns out but I always return to my Glock. I have been researching a new carry and thinking of a 9mm as the size of my Glock is alittle large for in the pants. Do like my firestar, a small 1911 style but is very heavy as its made from steel,...great shooter because of the weight tho...
We never got the heads up: ALL CCW`s in Northeast Ohio got their names, counties and ages put in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Average age: about 47...not exactly a bunch of gang-bangers.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:41 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
We never got the heads up: ALL CCW`s in Northeast Ohio got their names, counties and ages put in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Average age: about 47...not exactly a bunch of gang-bangers.
Looks like Class Action-worthy to me.

I'd like to see a good lawyer get ahold of this stuff and sue journalists into the Obama line. Yeah, I believe in Freedom of Speech but this is intent to do harm.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:14 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
258 Posts
Any crime that results from their news making BS should be punished to the full extent of the law.
A theft, a murder...... they are complicit .
debogus is online now Find More Posts by debogus
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:19 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debogus View Post
Any crime that results from their news making BS should be punished to the full extent of the law.
A theft, a murder...... they are complicit .
Yep.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:42 AM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
The problem will be proving any sort of crimes were caused by the articles and aren't just coincidence.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old May 05, 2013, 06:42 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
After waiting and waiting for on-line stores to have some LCP magazines again, I gave in and went to the Second Amendment Sports store and bought a Ruger-brand magazine for my LCP bought in December. They were very well stocked with guns once again covering the walls, plenty of ammo, and the $39 magazine like this one http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/3-1023408 Also recently mail-ordered from Wolff a 13# spring for it that was recommended to make it more pleasant to shoot on the range. Will be testing that soon.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old May 05, 2013, 08:16 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,261 Posts
California has a public records act. I think a good lawyer should be able to stop the records release.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old May 05, 2013, 09:44 PM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Dec 2007
242 Posts
Hey Bigfoot, if you dont already have them go for the Pearce magazine/grip extensions for the LCP, I have them on mine and provides a little more grip to grab. i carry my LCP in a sleeve and is absolutely unnoticable in cargo shorts. I kinda switch back and forth between my .380 LCP [w/Hornady Zombi's] and .357 [Critical Defense 125Gr] LCR for carry [IWB or Pocket sleeve], just depends on what I'm wearing.
blkft1 is offline Find More Posts by blkft1
Old May 05, 2013, 10:12 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
The problem will be proving any sort of crimes were caused by the articles and aren't just coincidence.
You could say the same about publishing names and addresses of cops, judges, abortion doctors and politicians children.....but lets not, and for the same reason.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old May 05, 2013, 10:54 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,338 Posts
WooT!

Got my approval notice for California CCW.
Gotta go through 8 hour training course and submit paperwork (birth cert and DD-214) and I'm done.

Hey. At least the county I live in has hoops to jump through. Try this in San Fran, San Diego or LA. Ain't gonna happen.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old May 11, 2013, 07:40 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkft1 View Post
Hey Bigfoot, if you dont already have them go for the Pearce magazine/grip extensions for the LCP, I have them on mine and provides a little more grip to grab.
Too late, but the Ruger mag has a bit of an extension like other 3rd party one's have. Here's the new Ruger one compared to the one that came with the LCP.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48