SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2014, 09:02 PM
Ah, so its THIS again. . .
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Jan 2013
369 Posts
Discussion
Fiberglass Schooner Hull search

Does anyone know if anyone out there makes a fiberglass hull of the schooner America.

I have found the Bluenose and the Malabar both from Hartman models.

And I found the Grand Banks Schooner hull from Kingston models.

And thats all well and good. I mean ultimatly I really want a schooner. And ofcourse I can rig any hull any way I want I suppose.

But at the core, what I really want is the America. And as I have quite nearly resigned myself to the fact that creating a hull is a little bit beyond my current capabilities, I am seeking a fiberglass hull.

PLEASE HELP !! if you know of anyone or anywhere that I can find this hull, please let me know.

Thank you all for your time.

Cecil
Ronin055 is offline Find More Posts by Ronin055
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2014, 10:02 PM
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,665 Posts
Making a hull is probably the easiest part of building a working model.

Take a look at how I made a 5 foot frigate hull from ripped down pine boards. Keep in mind you can buy 1/8" thick balsa, cut it into 3/8" wide strips, and do the same thing without any power tools. Plank it up, fill and sand it, glass it inside and out with tight, light cloth, and you've got a hull. My Pride of Baltimore was built about the same way and has no frames in it. CaptMSR built his Son of Erin, a schooner of about 30" with balsa planks and frames he left in, and he's about to start a 46" schooner hull built the same way.

Think of the cool radio you can buy with the money you save building it yourself.
JerryTodd is online now Find More Posts by JerryTodd