SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
why does that bother you? You can choose to participate or not.
Kenny,
That sort of question could be taken as an insult. Let's turn it around, why do you participate? We have both participated in conversations we should know were going nowhere... I mean there is this guy Kenny S in one of the other forums who just has to try to argue even when it's clear he has nothing more to add
Kidding aside, I think it's in our nature. Why are you talking with me about this topic right now? Perhaps you wish to change my mind. Perhaps you wish only to illustrate to others why my views are poorly thought out. Perhaps you do like talking about the subject. Perhaps you really like my conversational style. I'm not sure we all understand why but it sure happens.
meanscreen is online now Find More Posts by meanscreen
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:33 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,431 Posts
I am participating in this particular discussion, because I think I have valid answers to your valid questions.

I think you have good points as well.

I apologize if you found my earlier post insulting, it was not intended to be at all.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
I am participating in this particular discussion, because I think I have valid answers to your valid questions.

I think you have good points as well.

I apologize if you found my earlier post insulting, it was not intended to be at all.
I have already reported it
No, I don't think you intended it to be an insult.
I think participating in discussions is simply human nature.
meanscreen is online now Find More Posts by meanscreen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:44 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,431 Posts
and there you have it.

Are we arguing yet?
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
and there you have it.

Are we arguing yet?
The mods just told me you flagged three of my posts in the last three minutes

No, we are having a back and forth. Really, even an argument can be productive. I think you and I have had productive arguments.
meanscreen is online now Find More Posts by meanscreen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,431 Posts
my method is to try and treat others like human beings... And treat others how I would like to be treated.
sometimes I get it right, and sometimes I don't. Oh well, I'm human too.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:09 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
my method is to try and treat others like human beings... And treat others how I would like to be treated.
sometimes I get it right, and sometimes I don't. Oh well, I'm human too.
Believe it or not, this is also my intent.
I think my discussion in one particular thread is an example of where intent fails. Because it was a topic I have an interest in I jumped into poisoned waters. My initial posts were all along the lines of "please consider it from this POV, the group you are attacking as [bad] see's it from this view. Those replies were met with a number of [group] is immoral and wants to [club baby seals]. It was very clear that this was not going to be a conversation of the form
* I support view A
+I support view B and think A is incorrect for the following
* I disagree with your reasons because [insert reasoned counter argument]

My mistake was taking the topic and the obstinate stance and labeling groups I'm sympathetic with as something personal and replying in kind. This is what was talking about with poisoned waters.
meanscreen is online now Find More Posts by meanscreen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:12 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,431 Posts
yes, taking things personal and reacting, often leads to actions that we regret later.

what little I know of Dianetics, addresses these issues.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Well said. And here is something else that is very rarely said: "I'm sorry and I was wrong"

I bet if that was used more often we would be all much happier.

Frank
Gibbs says that is a sign of weakness..........NCIS

The sooner you realize you are wrong, the better off you are. But if you aren't, then someone else might have a problem.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:30 AM
Registered User
rickthebrewer's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
338 Posts
See what I mean?
rickthebrewer is offline Find More Posts by rickthebrewer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools