Closed Thread
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Yes - they monitor it, but they are keeping details tight about the radio. I'm not sure they have even posted in this thread at all..?

FrSky is very busy right now with the show season starting up, many new products in development including the transmitters, sensors, servos, etc. and staying on top of the current products and all that pertains to those.

FrSky is always very attentive to customer feedback and they will do the best they can to address as many requests as they can. Do keep in mind that this project is pretty far along, and they have time and expense goals to meet to make this a successful product.

-Wayne
I've been fairly quiet for this discussion, but I have a couple things to say.

Wayne is correct -- FrSKY keeps close tabs on all online discussions (not just RCG) and closed lips on the progress of the X12D

The discussion that you are having now (or for the past 6 weeks) is far too late for the product currently in development. In April FrSKY stated they intend to release X12D in quarter 3, and while that time line may slide a bit, there is considerable time between designing and releasing a product of this complexity -- especially if it's your first one == and your not reverse engineering another product. They are putting together a transmitter that will change the game!

If customer input is an important item for you then being told the original X12D design was largely scrapped and redone based on customer input should please you. -- I applaud FrSKY for their attentive ear to customers that offer productive and well considered solutions. This approach also slows the time from design to release.... I'm fairly sure it has added from a couple to a few months to the release of the X12D. == but I also expect it will be worth the wait!

Regarding display color --- I think a color display would be tremendous for telemetry .. it's much easier (for me) to glance at a screen and pick up the color of a "meter" than to read the numbers. Just like traffic lights. Green is go, Red is stop, and Yellow is go faster. As for touch screen.... well that all depends upon how it's implemented. I damn sure don't want to be using a touch screen while flying, but while programming or examining a data log it might be slick.

Back to lurk mode.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:54 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails View Post
Where's the sliders!
Scott, this is not the radio subject of this topic, is from FlySky, the replacement of actual big success 9X.
Was posted only as a concept, to see what people says.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:07 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Doesn't it look awesome...
Nope, again, screen in the wrong place for neckstrap users...
WimH is online now Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
will have the same touch screen issues like Devo radios... buttons and wheel/roller forever!
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:19 PM
United States, SC, Clemson
Joined Dec 2011
113 Posts
I have to admit, out of all the transmitters on the market, or coming to market. This is the one I am waiting for.

FrSky has a solid reputation in their receivers. I see no point in purchasing the 9xr only to rip out the rf and supplement it with FrSky.

I can wait.
redradar is offline Find More Posts by redradar
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Scott, this is not the radio subject of this topic, is from FlySky, the replacement of actual big success 9X.
I know... I still say "wheres the sliders"

Hopefully the FrSky has them...
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
Nope, again, screen in the wrong place for neckstrap users...
I'm using a transmitter tray so that's not an issue for me
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,811 Posts
Yes, the FrSky has sliders on both sides of the radio.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
I now understand the delay of X12D they are waiting for the new FLY SKY radio features...
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
FrSky radios update

Hi everyone on the X12D thread,
FrSky has been reading your ideas and discussions, and wishes to thank you for being open and frank with your opinions.

Please continue to discuss anything you think might be of value in a new radio, keeping in mind we need to have it suitable for many different flyers.

FYI: there will be THREE FrSky radios upcoming, X9D first and followed by X12D and X16D. The specifications that were posted on page1 of this thread are for X9D.

X9D: one LCD screen
X12D: one LCD screen (at the buttom) and one monochrome OLED screen (on top)
X16D: one BIG color OLED screen (on top)

Again, thanks for all your support.
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
Chase Wu
when we will have some preview pictures? i want see the x12D it before sell my 9x

the OLED lcd is going to be sun readable?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:50 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Yep, concerned by OLED too. They usually aren't that good at all for outdoors viewing. Common LCDs usually have much better results, transflective LCDs are a dream

Any rotary encoder present for editing? Love this thing:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...5tIfIjgYU977U=
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:42 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post

X9D: one LCD screen
X12D: one LCD screen (at the buttom) and one monochrome OLED screen (on top)

Again, thanks for all your support.
The readability of the display into bright sunlight is indeed a big problem. I think, the coloured display has a big "bling-bling"-factor only ...... but will not be practicable on the airfield, especially into bright sunlight.

Waht about one of these screens used for those "pocket-readers", the so called "ink" screens? They are perfect readable in the sunlight, the more light, the better, they don't even need energy when there is no change of symbols and letters (means, the screen will be still showing the last information, even if the radio is switched off).

With a screen like this, the radio would be the only one in the market.

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:43 AM
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
I better start saving money he he he
Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Yep, concerned by OLED too. They usually aren't that good at all for outdoors viewing. Common LCDs usually have much better results, transflective LCDs are a dream

Any rotary encoder present for editing? Love this thing:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...5tIfIjgYU977U=

OLED screen will pass outdoor testing especially in bright sunlight to make sure it is practicable and readable. X12D will have rotary encoder while X9D does not.
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Closed Thread