HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:59 PM
Woof. Arf. Angle of Attack.
Iowa - East Central
Joined Oct 2007
143 Posts
Question
Peck Peanut Pietenpol Air Camper Wing Question

I'm working on a conversion of the Peanut Aircamper to Micro RC using the Plantraco equipment, and in researching other builds, I've noticed it has been described as something of a fast flyer, even when built very light, and I'm trying for as slow as possible.

I've heard mention of not covering the bottom of the wing so as to simulate an undercamber, but would this be applicable to the Pietenpol's fairly thick airfoil?
supercorgi is offline Find More Posts by supercorgi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2010, 04:07 PM
Woof. Arf. Angle of Attack.
Iowa - East Central
Joined Oct 2007
143 Posts
Nevermind! With some fortuitous searching in the forums, I found an example where the builder did not cover the underside of the wing, added some washout, and it flew nice and slow.
supercorgi is offline Find More Posts by supercorgi