Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Jul 20, 2016, 03:26 AM
Find More Posts by jishi
Joined Oct 2015
191 Posts
What are some good ways to stabilize a 2 foot antenna extension on the vtx? I'm using the dragon link 1.3 13cm dipole, on top of an extension. I've been trying some stuff with zip ties and it's okay, but I know you guys must have better ways.
jishi is offline Find More Posts by jishi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2016, 05:34 AM
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_gx View Post
Here's one from the archives. My summit back in summer 2009, first 360* camera mount I built, and first head tracker. How things have evolved since then!!! FFW to 2:25 for the good stuff!
https://vimeo.com/11614300
Good video for 2009.......interesting to see the wheels and suspension so clearly.......we don't get that these days.......the body gets in the way......
I was surprised that you didn't get mud and water sprayed all over the camera lens.
FPVsummituk is online now Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
Old Jul 20, 2016, 05:40 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jishi View Post
What are some good ways to stabilize a 2 foot antenna extension on the vtx? I'm using the dragon link 1.3 13cm dipole, on top of an extension. I've been trying some stuff with zip ties and it's okay, but I know you guys must have better ways.
You need to use plastic in preference to metal or carbon fibre for support........I found that 1mm dia. plastic rod running alongside the extension cable, then wrap both together with plastic spiral cable wrap...... not only holds them together but also adds a bit more stiffness to it.
Last edited by FPVsummituk; Jul 20, 2016 at 06:16 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by fmimages
Joe 6-pack
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_gx View Post
Here's one from the archives. My summit back in summer 2009, first 360* camera mount I built, and first head tracker. How things have evolved since then!!! FFW to 2:25 for the good stuff!
https://vimeo.com/11614300
Cameras sure have evolved but I like the 360 view and the tilt action to check your rig out which is still amazing.
fmimages is offline Find More Posts by fmimages
Old Jul 22, 2016, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by BofaDeez2Nuts
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2016
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
Nice build........quite inspired.......but it looks rather heavy and unbalanced............hopefully that is not the case.......but at least with an air transmitter we do support the weight with the neck strap.......
Oh it's gotten even clunkier.... since I added the Jr module Bay to the front
This one is just mark1 for the next version I would like to 3D print a more compact "pretty" case.
Despite how clunky it looks it's actually going to end up lighter than the original 9XR Pro, super ergonomic and will also include a neck strap though I really don't think it will need one.
I'm currently on the hunt for another pistol that I think will fit pretty much all the electronics comfortably.
I have an idea for another plan to put the pistol grip behind the transmitter and put a wheel in the place of one of the gimbals. It pretty much just extends the throttle pot cord to the trigger and replaces the left gimbal with a wheel for steering leaving the right gimbal free to use for pan tilt... or use a 3 axis gimbal to steer pan and tilt.
Kinda loosely based on a radio I found on rcsurfer.com. dude custom made a pistol attachment for the back of an air radio.
So many ideas......
BofaDeez2Nuts is online now Find More Posts by BofaDeez2Nuts
Old Jul 23, 2016, 02:59 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BofaDeez2Nuts View Post
Oh it's gotten even clunkier.... since I added the Jr module Bay to the front
This one is just mark1 for the next version I would like to 3D print a more compact "pretty" case.
Despite how clunky it looks it's actually going to end up lighter than the original 9XR Pro, super ergonomic and will also include a neck strap though I really don't think it will need one.
I'm currently on the hunt for another pistol that I think will fit pretty much all the electronics comfortably.
I have an idea for another plan to put the pistol grip behind the transmitter and put a wheel in the place of one of the gimbals. It pretty much just extends the throttle pot cord to the trigger and replaces the left gimbal with a wheel for steering leaving the right gimbal free to use for pan tilt... or use a 3 axis gimbal to steer pan and tilt.
Kinda loosely based on a radio I found on rcsurfer.com. dude custom made a pistol attachment for the back of an air radio.
So many ideas......

Interesting.......make sure that you keep us in the loop on your progress....
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by darkelf1000
Dont talk to me , i'm driving!
United Kingdom, England, Newquay
Joined Oct 2013
427 Posts
Hi all,
I am starting to build a tonka summit body for my next FPV rig and i wondered if anyone here who has done the build is NOT using a gopro. (trying to avoi the pricetag!)
If anyone has experiance with other brands /models then any tips would be great.
Thanks, really looking forward to the end result.
darkelf1000 is online now Find More Posts by darkelf1000
Old Today, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by traxxalu
FPV ground
Joined May 2011
455 Posts
1/12 fpv rc car scale:

Tamiya xr311 brushless first run FPV rc car (5 min 39 sec)
traxxalu is online now Find More Posts by traxxalu