Old Jul 24, 2016, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by CDignition
Sarasota/Bradenton Bradenton, Florida, United States
Joined Jan 2004
234 Posts
Discussion
PL8 V2. Limited to 10 amps on 3 cell parallel charge?

Hi all. I have a pl8 and a revolextrix 24v power supply. I'm trying to charge 3 lipo batteries using the revolextrix parallel board. The batteries are 2700mah units. I want to charge them at 2c. The charger seeks to limit me to 10 Amps total. It won't go higher. I looked for a limit setting and did not see one. I am using Manila presets and not the auto function for c rate.

Any input? Seems limited and not sure why.
CDignition is offline Find More Posts by CDignition
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2016, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by rampman
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
9,978 Posts
Do a manual amperage selection and dont tell it you are parallel charging either.

The charger is saving your butt based on the information you are telling it.

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jul 24, 2016, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by vollrathd
United States, WI, Racine
Joined Jan 2007
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Do a manual amperage selection and dont tell it you are parallel charging either.

The charger is saving your butt based on the information you are telling it.

Rick

What I've done with my two PL8's and my various A123 cells is this.

First, three different charge routines are set up for one battery, two batteries, and three batteries. The charge current is set up appropriately for 1, 2 or 3 packs.

Then the name of each of the charge routines is set up to show "one pack" or "two packs" or "three packs". Now, there is no doubt on what your charger is doing, just look at the charger display, and how many packs you've got hooked up in parallel.

As far as limit to 10 Amps, if you have the Cellpro USB dongle, that allows the user to do the programming on a PC.

If my fading memory is correct, you might have to locate something like a "High LiPo Charge" routine in the presets, and copy paste that in the users routine.
vollrathd is online now Find More Posts by vollrathd
Old Jul 24, 2016, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by Ohmic
USA
Joined Jan 2002
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDignition View Post
Hi all. I have a pl8 and a revolextrix 24v power supply. I'm trying to charge 3 lipo batteries using the revolextrix parallel board. The batteries are 2700mah units. I want to charge them at 2c. The charger seeks to limit me to 10 Amps total. It won't go higher. I looked for a limit setting and did not see one. I am using Manila presets and not the auto function for c rate.

Any input? Seems limited and not sure why.
You need to use the high power preset to charge over 10A.
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic