Old Aug 07, 2015, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by stsguy
Where o where has my America g
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2013
477 Posts
Discussion
Sportster 60 greatplanes

For those interested in giving suggestions the link to the plane is here below.
A nice cat in the woods pasted this beautiful bird down to me..it was born a Nitro but has lived a life after a sex change with a to big for its britches Rimfire 80 in her bra. As im.told it was a little much for the ole gurl.
A 400 33 or 480 36 is recommended in a elec. World or a 45 to 65 on nitro. My question is since I'm going hk on it arse what.motor and esc u would suggest. I'll be honest a 40 to 50 dollar motor and the same.for ech battery has me thinking gping back to the pick juice but if I dont. I wanna.make.sure to get the right combo

Also if you own or have owned this plane is the 40 to 45 ish enuff to have on front or go big or go home?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXJ576&P=8
Thanks 4 the help
stsguy is offline Find More Posts by stsguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2015, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
5,549 Posts
I just ordered this kit as well. I will be going electric and will post my build here. I am thinking it could be flown with a power 32-46 on 4 or 5s batts. Depending on how you want her to fly. I might go for a lighter more chill set up than my 60 size pattern planes...... Maybe.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Aug 11, 2015, 09:54 PM
Joined Aug 2013
477 Posts
I'll keep watch. It's a fun looking plane. I think I'm putting a 65 sportster one just freed up off a plane I'm passing on this model would look great wrapped in fabric it has a 30's racer look to it
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:13 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
5,549 Posts
i agree. i love the slightly retro sleek look. another reason i love electric over fuel. everything hidden with just the sleek lines to show. i like the clean aspects as well. in my experience very reliable. i have been tempted from time to time to taste nitro but im really happy flying my electric hangar. IMHO. happy flying. Walt
Old Aug 12, 2015, 03:18 AM
Joined Aug 2013
477 Posts
QUOTE elec. sound card from a rc car for a goof

Something to be said for pullin over pluggin in and takin off. but it gets pricey at size 60. When u leave the 3 cell its a whole new level of wallet crack..... so im a BI powered flyboy crash boy more like it lol. small nitro limits you to. I have a .010 os I use for a paper wieght but ill mount it soon .. send me ssome pics when u get it together

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
i agree. i love the slightly retro sleek look. another reason i love electric over fuel. everything hidden with just the sleek lines to show. i like the clean aspects as well. in my experience very reliable. i have been tempted from time to time to taste nitro but im really happy flying my electric hangar. IMHO. happy flying. Walt
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:11 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
5,549 Posts
I'm going to stop at 5s for cost reasons as well. You can find good prices at motionrc or buddy RC and take care of the batteries and they last a good long time. I like the plug and play aspect. No fiddling. No cleaning. And I like the more mellow sound as well as I have hearing damage from power tools and it bothers me a bit to hear nitro.