Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 04, 2014, 01:23 PM
United States, MN, Park Rapids
Joined Feb 2014
438 Posts
Discussion
FrSky & Fly Sky

In a previous thread here I asked about a problem a friend was havinging with a FrSky radio. Turns out that he actually has a FlySky FS-CT6B radio. This mistake is totally on me and is certainly not my first; nor, will it be my last mistake I will ever make.

So, his problem is exactly what I was stating in the previous thread, his throttle channel does not work. He did say that he downloaded information to his radio from the FlySky Internet Site.

Can anyone tell me how to re-activate his throttle channel?

This new information would mean that I must appologize to jpparisy and his assertion that FrSky makes only one radio system may be correct. So, I appologize to you Jpparisy.

To all other readers of the previous thread, which I closed earlier today, if you took offennse to this action, I appologize.
md6364 is offline Find More Posts by md6364
Last edited by md6364; Jun 04, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2014, 06:04 PM
France, Ile-de-France, Plaisir
Joined Sep 2010
461 Posts
D'accord, j'accepte vos excuses, n'en parlons plus et restons amis.

This transmitter needs a USB cable and a program called T6Config.

The throttle channel, whatever is the stick mode, is always the number 3 and it cannot be deactivated, except if you change the end points, or play with the mixers.

Under T6Config, after switching on the transmitter and connecting the cable to the computer, you have this screen, where the bars move following the sticks:

If CH3 does not move, press the "EndPoint" button, and this screen appears:

Enter the different values to suit your needs.

If this does not work, you must look at the source and destination of each mixer and verify that it is not conditioned by a switch.

Here is a typical mixer values:

jpparisy is online now Find More Posts by jpparisy
Old Jun 05, 2014, 06:47 AM
United States, MN, Park Rapids
Joined Feb 2014
438 Posts
Thank you very much for your help, jpparisy we may give this a try!

My friend and I had a discussion about his transmitter configuration. He did not bring his owner's manual; or, his USB cord for the transmitter and although there may be ways to remedy the problem, in the end, it is up to him. I think he has been racing with his buddies in Tennessee with his transmitter as configured, for over a year, so he has gotten used to having to hold left or right stick when he sails.

Despite some folks insistence that we all use the same transmitters set-ups, I think all that is important is that the set-up works for the individual. To those who feel it is important that we be able to share our boats with each other, then they need to comply with what is considered to be the standard set-up.
md6364 is offline Find More Posts by md6364