HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2013, 04:51 PM
What goes up .....
Australia, QLD, Mermaid Beach
Joined Oct 2013
247 Posts
Discussion
Future floor polish

Has anyone used Future to seal the paint work on Electric foam planes. I was going to use Tamiya paints to do a scale plane. However Tamiya paints are soft and damage easily, so I thought I would do the plastic kit trick and seal it with Future floor polish.
Will Future react with the foam? It is an acrylic product so I thought it would be ok.
Seacondor is offline Find More Posts by Seacondor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2013, 09:53 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
here in Australia i use Pledge One Go made by Johnson, but i think it is the same product from memory on this subject being asked before.

I have also used it to seal my paintings on covering on my Glow planes too and it even seems to seal against the glow fuel ruining my work.

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Jun 2013
27 Posts
That's great. I have 6 bottles of future. So at least it won't go to waste.
Greg law is offline Find More Posts by Greg law
Old Oct 29, 2013, 06:15 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,728 Posts
Only a clairvoyant knows what the future holds for floor polish.
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:17 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,065 Posts
Hey chuck, nice graphics!

just a word of warning to those using future, it's attacked by ammonia, so don't use windex to clean your aircraft, unless you want the future gone!

I recently used future and a little ink to create a clear for my canopy that would get rid of scratches and tint it at the same time. I had a few runs, so wansn't overly happy, but a quick swill of ammonia in the canopy and we were back to square one!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare