Old Jun 18, 2013, 02:02 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOno View Post
Nice troubleshooting to learn from.
Thanks, I think that is an important function of a forum like this, we learn from each other.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
I agree 100%!!!
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A little about me.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:28 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,098 Posts
Perhaps interesting for others with vintage Kyosho buggies is that the springs of the "gold shocks" are a direct fit on the FD-37 and FD-38 shocks. I was told these are not compatble, but these fit like a glove.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2013, 08:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Forget what car they're from, just measure the diameter and length to see what else will work. Most 1/10th scale (not big bore) shocks are really close in diameter.
It doesn't matter what this guys says, the car your trying to get to handle well is old and looks like it's from the 80's. You need a better modern vehicle and some practice to drive like you want to.
Freeze is offline Find More Posts by Freeze
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2013, 12:57 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,098 Posts
Despite what "Freeze" stated here above, with the right springs, and a refurbished brushed motor, a combination of LRP can and armature, Tamiya endbell (original endbell had overheated when the motor was still with it's previous owner, and probably the reason it was given to me as free bonus when I bought some stuff from him) and some cleaning, this car can still achieve nice performance:

Testing the speed of my restored Lazer ZX-Sport, with rebuild brushed motor (0 min 45 sec)

As the parking lot was a little more crowded than usual, limiting my run path both right and left, I couldn't go full throttle very long, but I think the video still gives a good impression of the car's handling and acceleration. Mind you, no lipo's were used, the car was running on a 6 cell 1600 mAh NiMh.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:30 AM
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2012
51 Posts
Nice!
allanon1965 is offline Find More Posts by allanon1965