HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Discussion
R/C Nitro boost bottle kit

Ok, tell me what's wrong with these pictures and can this really work. I know in real size superbikes that are customize with such kits for looks and some do really work but can this work or can they be made to work? what's missing if there is anything missing?
http://www.boostinductionsystems.com...g_home_069.htm
malcabro racer is offline Find More Posts by malcabro racer
Last edited by malcabro racer; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:26 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
no solenoid valve included in the system.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:35 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69 View Post
no solenoid valve included in the system.

Oh 2nd look it a constant pressure system for the carb not a nitrous kit which it look like before. i can't see it working to well on our tiny little carb's
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
lets say its possible to make it work .....hypothetically. Showing how a solenoid valve works on this vid and pausing at every step to analize and think.
Direct-Acting Solenoid Valve Animation (0 min 24 sec)
Last edited by malcabro racer; Nov 16, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jan 29, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,492 Posts
I personally don't think, a Nitrous system will EVER be compatible with the glow ignition principle.... Ergo, you will get horrible pre-ignition and melt down the engine.

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:43 AM View Post
malcabro racer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while malcabro racer edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
I would suggest you edit and remove the first line of that post as it is a personal attack.

From the rules list.

Quote:
Personal Attack The author has attacked another user's intelligence, character, or appearance.
Whilst posting this, it appears the moderators have already viewed it as such...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
oops wrong thread
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
It's a pressure reservoir to even out the pressure buildup under the venturi as you're throttelling. As I remember, it was popular a few years back, especially with 3,5cc buggys. Fiddy bikes used them too (larger ones).The advantages was said to make the engine throttle smoother and deliver power quicker. Haven't heard of the trick lately.
I think you should keep the rubber hose as short as possible to let the flask do its thing to the fullest.
z_dad is online now Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,492 Posts
@ Malcabro racer:

You always so friendly?

I suggest, instead of searching for beer on your workbench, you spend your time searching for a video showing a nitrous system that WORKS, and being demostrated to do so.... instead of a completely NON-proof video featuring some fancy background, some semi-attractive lady acting like she knows a thing or two, asking some clearly scripted questions to some nerd showing off some ridiculous bling bling without even so much of a servo moving....

Burp.... Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Last edited by Brutus1967; Nov 16, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcabro racer View Post
Ok, tell me what's wrong with these pictures and can this really work. I know in real size superbikes that are customize with such kits for looks and some do really work but can this work or can they be made to work? what's missing if there is anything missing?
http://www.boostinductionsystems.com...g_home_069.htm
This is an old OS engine from about 10 years ago. They had this system std. They hid the bottle in the rear. Was all the go back then. Was actually called a boost bottle. Had nothing to do with boost though.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Nov 16, 2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Add
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Yes it works but 2 bottles is over kill.lol The bottle gets pressurized at lowend, some of the air and fuel mix travels into the bottle. At lowend then it gets fed back into the engine at high end. A lot of the better motors have gotten better with multiple ports and things. So you don't really need the boost bottle setup. Oh yeah plus some good old fashion carb tuning can get the motor running in top form.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:41 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
WoW ...that bad ...beer got me hallucinating and confuse THAT'S IT, No more beers on my workbench and semi ugly chicks for me.
Wanna see the other option with the pressurize bottles and where can they be attach. I kidda like the price from both companies. http://www.rbinnovations.com/ and http://www.boostinductionsystems.com...g_home_069.htm
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Yes it works but 2 bottles is over kill.lol The bottle gets pressurized at lowend, some of the air and fuel mix travels into the bottle. At lowend then it gets fed back into the engine at high end. A lot of the better motors have gotten better with multiple ports and things. So you don't really need the boost bottle setup. Oh yeah plus some good old fashion carb tuning can get the motor running in top form.
Maybe that's why I couldn't notice any difference I always had my motors tune spot on. Lol.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member