Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,311 Posts
Rant
Another HobbyKing BOOBOO

This HobbyKing Statement is hilarious.
Quote:
Wrong item received or parcel missing items.
Our warehouse utilizes barcode id, product scanning, RFID security, final item counting and parcel weight recording to ensure each order is full and correct. We take our shipping and dispatch accuracy very seriously. If you have received a parcel that is incorrect or incomplete, you must do the following within 48hrs of receiving the parcel;
Ya Right Please, with a overall 12g difference from the batts ordered and the batts received you would think somewhere an alert would of pop up during this process saying WAIT DUDE YOU ARE PACKAGING THE WRONG BATTERIES.

Well following there FAQ steps. I kept all original packaging, photographed items, packaging and weight using scale.

Let’s see what the response is..

freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Apr 16, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
I went through the same process and no response until I filed a Paypal dispute. See here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634268 on post #4
Flipsighed is offline Find More Posts by Flipsighed
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:41 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,311 Posts
Well I got a reply this morning for me and basicaly they want me to take a closer picture of the bar code as well as detail list of the items I got versus what I was supposed to get. I did but I guess it's there way of delaying it.

On the bottom of that email it also said this.
Quote:
Due to the large amount of accumulated backlogs, order processing and ticket response time will be slightly delayed. For Urgent matters, please contact us via our live chat service instead. We thank you for your patience and understanding
I guess they have a lot of issues to deal with .

PS: Thanks for the PAYPAL tip however I will only do this as last step because wouldn't doing this tarnish your account with them afterwards??
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
PS: Thanks for the PAYPAL tip however I will only do this as last step because wouldn't doing this tarnish your account with them afterwards??
I originally thought the same thing, but I figured "why should I be afraid of them ?". It's kind of like the way people are afraid of their insurance companies and do not want to report something since they think their rates will go up. I am the customer and I gave them a lot of time to respond. Also say to yourself "If I do not like the way I am being treated then buy elsewhere". Their prices are good but at this point I would rather pay more and buy somewhere where I do not have these problems.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,311 Posts
The first and only reply I got so far ask for additional information/pictures.

I call them out on that one informing them it sounds like stall statics because I made sure I provided all of the info requested when filling a claim and my picture are perfectly sized and all the info is visible.

Waiting on that response which due to time zone is probably going to be tomorrow morning for me..

Put a note on my smart phone calendar to alert me of my PAYPAL deadline or timeline to file a claim. Once again thanks for that info.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:38 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Not at all! They really want your money, really. I've filed several Paypal disputes to cancel orders that took too long to ship and placed new orders for fewer items the same day I won the disputes. Now, if you have several orders pending and a problem arises they will hold all orders hostage if you file a Paypal dispute for any reason. A PayPal dispute only works with HK if they don't have anything to bargain with (like unshipped merchandise).
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:48 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
I just dont get it you all bitch about HK on how they screw you over but you still buy from them over and over again........ why?????
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:55 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,311 Posts
Considering the items I bought are 22$ in my lhs each and it cost me 24$ for 4. I will continue to buy when it makes financial sense to do so.

I am also not bitching that they screwed me over. I just want them to do right and send me what I ordered.

If you do buy from them and have never had to deal with them with similar issues then I don't see why you post here and what useful info you can provide. Thank you for understanding and not posting any further in my thread.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:42 AM View Post
warbirdguyn951
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:57 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,311 Posts
Actual I posted in the Vendor talk of an RC forum sharing my experience with a vendor in hopes others would share theres and what they did to fix the situation so that being my first time with this sort of issue I would have some ideas of what to expect and do.

I suggestion if you want to know why people still buy from them when they get screwed as you so nicely put it, then I suggest you start your own thread. When I politely ask you not to continue posting if you are not going to provide anything useful you post again nothing useful.

For this reason I have reported your post and will let the forum moderators decide if your post is appropriate or not.

Calling other members little girls just shows what kind of person you are. All kinds of people in the world and there are online.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, IL, Huntley
Joined Oct 2008
382 Posts
Quote:
Actual I posted in the Vendor talk of an RC forum sharing my experience with a vendor in hopes others would share theres and what they did to fix the situation so that being my first time with this sort of issue I would have some ideas of what to expect and do.

I suggestion if you want to know why people still buy from them when they get screwed as you so nicely put it, then I suggest you start your own thread. When I politely ask you not to continue posting if you are not going to provide anything useful you post again nothing useful.

For this reason I have reported your post and will let the forum moderators decide if your post is appropriate or not.

Calling other members little girls just shows what kind of person you are. All kinds of people in the world and there are online.
Dont let him bait you. Just report his post to the moderator.
KenS999 is offline Find More Posts by KenS999
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:18 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,311 Posts
PayPal claim issued, now my order history from HK is missing one order. Funny how it's now disappeared.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
Lmfao.......!!!!!
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
PayPal claim issued, now my order history from HK is missing one order. Funny how it's now disappeared.
Mine too. Yeah they do that every time there is a Paypal dispute, that's why I did a screen capture of my order before I started the dispute.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:53 AM
User registered
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jan 2004
388 Posts
Hi all, I ordered a $100 model jet and received a $25 helicopter. I started a query and took photos etc etc and also logged a Paypal dispute as a matter of procedure, I also noticed my order history disappear, I understand they are busy and they are following up with the claim, i was asked by Hobbyking to cancel the Paypal dispute but Paypal advised against it until the issue is resolved as "you will lose all rights to claim for this particular transaction".

I am hopeful that HK will rectify the problem as I have only had good experiences with them, on the other hand I want my insurance by keeping the PP dispute open....

Why do you all think ? is there a good success rate with these types of claims or shall I just cop it and accept the lost $100 bucks, or wait until I get a definitive resolution (at least verbal if not physical)....
TNboy is offline Find More Posts by TNboy
Closed Thread