HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:51 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Discussion
Best Park Range Setup

What is the best setup/equipment for a park flyer fpv setup? I am wanting to go no more then 1 mile, 2 miles at the max. Let me know everyone's thoughts!
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:16 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,802 Posts
2 x 5.8g SPW antennas on a set of Foxtech AIO goggles will do that easily.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
What is the best setup/equipment for a park flyer fpv setup? I am wanting to go no more then 1 mile, 2 miles at the max. Let me know everyone's thoughts!
By your question I will take a guess you are wanting to try FPV for the first time. Research the beginner threads for basic knowledge as there are no magic pills or shortcuts. Questions on a whole slew of topics are asked and answered for newbies. Now having said that:

Park flyers tend to be no more than a 1/2 mile as that is beyond LOS. At those distances a simple 200 Mw TX/Rx 5.8 gHz video with a set of IBCrazy Clover leaf and Skew Planner antennas will fit the bill. If you are using 2.4 ghz for AC control you should still be good. Remember the goal is also to get your aircraft back, time-after-time. 5.8 is a LOS signal as it's blocked by trees, leaves, hills buildings. Things go real bad when you lose your signal. On the viewing end you can start with a monitor that doesn't blue screen (blue screen of death). your ground station can be powered by LiPOs. There is a ton more I could go into but the threads are valuable source of information.
1fullbird is online now Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,837 Posts
Agree.....read the stickies. Thats why they are there. Not trying to be rude, but they will probably answer all of your questions as well as teach you what you need to know next.
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4