Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:18 PM
Brawley, CA. USA
Joined May 2000
474 Posts
Discussion
Binding question

I am going to bind my DX8 with an AR600 using a four cell Rx battery instead of hooking up the ESC. I only have the evelator and ailerons connected for now. It would be a PITA to try and connect everything up now. Is there any reason to connect everything up now.

Can you bind without anything but the battery being hooked up?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Wild Bill is online now Find More Posts by Wild Bill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:31 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,517 Posts
Yes, you'll be fine.
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:20 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,663 Posts
There's a picture of binding in the DX8 manual with nothing but a battery and a bind plug hooked up so, yes, that works fine. I have done this for years.

Make sure the RX pack is well-charged. Binding takes a bit of current to write to the nonvolatile memory.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:27 PM
Brawley, CA. USA
Joined May 2000
474 Posts
Thank you both. It worked!!!!!

Bill
Wild Bill is online now Find More Posts by Wild Bill
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:23 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,104 Posts
When you Bind, you set the Failsafe Conditions. If you change any Servo Directions or enable Mixing, etc., you need to Bind again, so be sure to Bind again after the aircraft is set up.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:06 AM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
When you Bind, you set the Failsafe Conditions. If you change any Servo Directions or enable Mixing, etc., you need to Bind again, so be sure to Bind again after the aircraft is set up.
True for most radios, so don't forget to have the throttle in your chosen position for failsafe. I don't think you'd want to set the failsafe to half throttle or higher.
Wintr is online now Find More Posts by Wintr