Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Still crashing everything!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlthn View Post
Yes, you are correct.

It comes all to build quality. Cheap'o might burn'o.
the IEEE standard for USB is way, way too long an much, much to complex for me to actually wade through it to know for sure. I started to do that for a college project for Bluetooth and then 802.11 but gave up on them as well. Ended up just creating a prioprietory protocol for the data on the device I was building (remote weather station). I the long run it was much simpler.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM
Joined Jun 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
the IEEE standard for USB is way, way too long an much, much to complex for me to actually wade through it to know for sure. I started to do that for a college project for Bluetooth and then 802.11 but gave up on them as well. Ended up just creating a prioprietory protocol for the data on the device I was building (remote weather station). I the long run it was much simpler.
Haha thats true. Sometimes building something on your own is much simplier and nicer working in the end.

Oh where we left? I think we talked about v911s and chargers :P

Anyone got into PCB and found real mems gyro? Because I think either v911 got one or is software stabilized.
lvlthn is offline Find More Posts by lvlthn
Old Today, 01:18 PM
Joined Jun 2014
14 Posts
Thunder AC6 Charger

I looking to get the Thunder AC6 Balance Charger to charger my V911 and any furture helicopter and my question is what type of connect does everyone whom have it and flight a WL V911 uses. If I am understand correctly the Blade Mcpx use the same type of connecting as the V911.

I seen this one

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mc...3-p-64839.html

Would this one work as well or are they other that would be better to use.
riverrat88 is online now Find More Posts by riverrat88
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlthn View Post
Haha thats true. Sometimes building something on your own is much simplier and nicer working in the end.

Oh where we left? I think we talked about v911s and chargers :P

Anyone got into PCB and found real mems gyro? Because I think either v911 got one or is software stabilized.
The gyro on current (and past) v911 boards is the shiny rectangular part near the bottom of the board, which if you take it apart, would reveal some tiny possibly moving (vibrating) parts. Whether that qualifies it as a 'mems' gyro is debatable, but it certainly is not '3-axis' as it is being advertised (on the 'pro' version sales web site).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Today, 02:03 PM
Joined Jun 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
The gyro on current (and past) v911 boards is the shiny rectangular part near the bottom of the board, which if you take it apart, would reveal some tiny possibly moving (vibrating) parts. Whether that qualifies it as a 'mems' gyro is debatable, but it certainly is not '3-axis' as it is being advertised (on the 'pro' version sales web site).
No, that surely is murata gyrostar 1 axis piezo gyro.

I'm talking about some other embedded chip or software code.
I need to acid etch pcb to learn about insides - I'm very curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat88
I might be wrong, but I think it's JST-PH plug(or micro JST?)

I think
lvlthn is offline Find More Posts by lvlthn
Old Today, 04:30 PM
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Aug 2013
340 Posts
Yes, the mCP X and v911 use the same battery plug. I've flown my 911 batts in my mCP X just for grins. IMO, get this. http://m.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mcpx...)-p-64837.html

Cut the big white plug off, solder all the reds together, solder all the blacks togetherand add bbanana plugs. Cheap easy 6 battery para charge cable.
SLMcc is offline Find More Posts by SLMcc
Old Today, 06:44 PM
Si ša peut chier, ša va chier
Joined Apr 2014
86 Posts
I found out why my V911 was dropping out of the sky after a few seconds, the connection to the battery socket was weak. So I pulled the wires out thinking I would resolder them to the pins on the plug but it is very difficult. I applied heat on the pin but the plastic plug being so close it melted a little and the pin slid out. Now I can heat the pin again to push it back in place but any tip for soldering this small wires to the pins?

I have no soldering experience but i read that heat should be applied to the pieces being soldered and not to the solder, but boy is this small pieces.
CptCalamity is offline Find More Posts by CptCalamity
Old Today, 07:26 PM
Joined Jun 2014
14 Posts
SLMcc,
thanks for the reply. Not to sound dumb but will this work as well.
http://m.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mcpx...)-p-64837.html
And would I have to charger six at a time or could I charger just one or two if I wanted.
Old Today, 08:14 PM
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Aug 2013
340 Posts
That's the cable I linked. Yes, the connections for the batteries will be correct, if that's what you're asking. I missed what charger you have so I don't know if it will directly plug in. You don't have to charge more than one battery at a time if you don't want to.

Seriously, if you can solder and have a charger with banana plugs for the output you can turn that into a real nice parallel charge cable for less than 5 bucks US.
SLMcc is offline Find More Posts by SLMcc
Old Today, 11:38 PM
Joined Jun 2014
14 Posts
Sorry, I did the wrong page, try this one.
http://www.banggood.com/Cable-Tie-RC...4-p-80685.html
It should have a JST plug that I could plug into.