to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:27 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone View Post
Hi if you guys are still Interested in buying Jet Joe Turbines at lower prices than most of the competition you could always check our www.sportsturbine.com web site out HK are still not ready yet with their products
No point in buying something that already has proven not working very well. Rather wait for the newcomer then
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:09 AM
winkybone
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
No point in buying something that already has proven not working very well. Rather wait for the newcomer then
Hi We have been using Jet Joe Turbines for quite some time, i think the past problems are now well behind them and given prices are good its time to try them once again , everyone wants to save some cash that's probably why the Hobby King thread is getting so much interest , but HK will be tough to deal with in the event of warranty claims they always have been "sell um cheap pile em high" is the motto i guess of HK .

Where real , where in the UK , we are building up plenty of spares and I am a ex Centac Turbo engineer ( Ing Rand) so we know a bit about Turbines and compressor build and service , hope thats OK as a reply but like everyone we want business and are willing to go the extra mile
winkybone is offline Find More Posts by winkybone
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
winkybone
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post
There is nothing wrong nowadays with JetJoe parts you just need to know how to put them together and balance it. If I had a brand new JJ1400 first thing I would do is take it apart then rebuild it and do a proper balance, I would be happy it will run perfect after that.
Thank you at last someone sticking up for JJ I was losing the will to live reading all the bad press about JJ
winkybone is offline Find More Posts by winkybone
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Thank you at last someone sticking up for JJ I was losing the will to live reading all the bad press about JJ
Isn't it correct that a brand gets bad publicity when you need to overhoul the engine the first thing you do upon delivery?

The step up from a Kingtech proven to work flawless is only $226. Most people tend to choose the product that works and where you get response from the manufacturer etc. Most people are looking for a turn key package.

So I don't find it strange at all with bad publicity.

Will be fun to se what hobbyking comes up with in both performance, price and reliability.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,045 Posts
Quote:
Hi We have been using Jet Joe Turbines for quite some time, i think the past problems are now well behind them and given prices are good its time to try them once again , everyone wants to save some cash that's probably why the Hobby King thread is getting so much interest , but HK will be tough to deal with in the event of warranty claims they always have been "sell um cheap pile em high" is the motto i guess of HK .

Where real , where in the UK , we are building up plenty of spares and I am a ex Centac Turbo engineer ( Ing Rand) so we know a bit about Turbines and compressor build and service , hope thats OK as a reply but like everyone we want business and are willing to go the extra mile
I think its pretty obvious from the title that this thread is about the HK Turbine.

I think most of us dont mind your original post letting people know that your selling what ever... But now your attacking HK in a HK Turbine thread???

People on this thread are here because we are interested in the HK turbine.
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by vettster; Nov 20, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:24 PM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,009 Posts
Winkybone below is the JetJoe thread maybe you were unaware there was one.

Buying a Jetjoe Turbine
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:23 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Has anyone heard any updates on the progress of HK's turbine? Do you guys think we will have any issues with customer support? It would be nice to have a US based service center. I would hate to have to deal with customs every time it needed to be sent in for bearing replacement and balancing.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:27 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Has anyone heard any updates on the progress of HK's turbine? Do you guys think we will have any issues with customer support? It would be nice to have a US based service center. I would hate to have to deal with customs every time it needed to be sent in for bearing replacement and balancing.
Any one who is the least sane won't commit to be a service depot for something not even seen running once, specially not from the notorious Hobbyking. They might be able to fool one or two but I seriously doubt they will manage to setup the global service network they are talking about without showing anything.

I assume as soon as one of the turbines fire up for the first time it will be out on the web in 3 minutes ;-)
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,045 Posts
I for one believe that the service network has been in place for quite some time now. The service network thing is just an excuse to buy more time while they work out the bugs in the ECU. Its highly unlikely that they said.."OK,, the engines are ready! Now lets get to work on a service network" lol

Anthony has mentioned more than once that service areas will be in several continents. No need to ship anything back to HK.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I got ripped off by this guy...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:29 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
No need to ship anything back to HK.
If there are an engine at all ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyking
8/26/2011 6:09:31 PM
HobbyKing turbine T2 Test Prototype 3.
Ready for production.
It wont be long before we will have these on our site and ready to ship!

Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:05 AM
Nantes, France
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Think the turbine service centre setting up is just another delaying tactic, guy who visited our club said he contacted HK regarding taking it on for his country and they did'nt even bother to reply, if only to say it may have already been allocated to someone else.

Last I heard they had problems with the ECU shutting the turbine down for no reason
jetrichie is offline Find More Posts by jetrichie
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:29 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrichie View Post

Last I heard they had problems with the ECU shutting the turbine down for no reason
I've said it a bunch of times... but if that is the problem... they are STUPID !!!! They should just use a Xicoy ECU, and get the engines shipped out. AND... they will have better sales since the turbine guys trust those ECU's.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:56 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,009 Posts
I would like to think that is not true, if so then yes really stupid not to have went with a third party proven ECU
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:58 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
If there are an engine at all ;-)
Thanks for posting that picture Henke I was wondering how long ago this fantasy actually started. In fact If I recall correctly...that photo wasnt released till about 5 months after they first started on it. So we're actually closing in on the 2 YEAR mark!!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I got ripped off by this guy...