HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:01 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightphotog View Post
Speaking of outhouses...have y'all seen this one?

AIRCRAFT CRASHES INTO FOUR BUILDINGS AT AIR SHOW
Yeah, I seen it. But lowdive didn't. He was sitting in the third one.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:12 PM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
Nav was in the fourth...
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:47 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey RTR, I shot a 3 legged buck the other day. Wierd!
I was asked to take my SC up and take some pics of the land where our new Middle School will be built so I will be uploading those as soon as I get it done... and they have started putting the brick on the front of our church building so I will be trying to get some more progress shots of that too...
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:12 AM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
I'm here! but I seem to be a little late to the party...
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:18 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Hey RTR, I shot a 3 legged buck the other day. Wierd!
I was asked to take my SC up and take some pics of the land where our new Middle School will be built so I will be uploading those as soon as I get it done... and they have started putting the brick on the front of our church building so I will be trying to get some more progress shots of that too...
Cool, post some shots
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:14 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub View Post
You must work for a govenment agency. I know I worked for the City of Santa Ana for 22 years. That's whee I found this site.

Wes

nope, private company (web site host). very laid back here

ha! i so hate them portacrappers! i'm in and out as quick as i can. ain't now way a hot air balloon is sneaking up on me... okay fine.. it happened that ONE time!
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:24 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Now don't be gettin all fancy pants on us now and showing off. Dale's wife does a fine job with her shovel. You should have seen her dig out a old hickory stump he had on the side of the double wide last week. Me n Dale were only 1/2 way through the 30 pack when she was draggin it to the creek.
Member back when she could have it done by the time we finished the 1st 6 pacK? She's gettin slow in her old age.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:00 AM
Joined Feb 2010
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Originally Posted by girmann
Anyone else see this from Horizon Hobby in their inbox this morning?

"We have several projects we are working on, including a high powered clipped wing HobbyZone Super Cub mod we are planning on offering as a kit. The prototype is a riot to fly. We'll have more news soon."

Is this new news, or am I just behind the times?

Got a link to it?
No link, but here's a pic from my inbox...
girmann is offline Find More Posts by girmann
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:11 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
their emails don't come from @horizonhobby.com? weird.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:41 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Originally quoted by girmann: "Anyone else see this from Horizon Hobby in their inbox this morning?

"We have several projects we are working on, including a high powered clipped wing HobbyZone Super Cub mod we are planning on offering as a kit. The prototype is a riot to fly. We'll have more news soon."

Is this new news, or am I just behind the times?"

Is this what you're talking about? http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...s/KSJ2154.html
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:42 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,949 Posts
New SC Flyer - Proud Dad

I took my son (aged 8) to the field last Sunday. I build a stock HZ Supercub from old parts for the purpose (his first plane), it's painted up in camoflage colours to inpire him (I may have posted pictures probably 6 months back).

We buddy boxed (Spektrum) the first few flights. I took off and landed the first flight only. He took off and flew and landed the next two with lots of advise and instruction and me having to step in to save a nose dive 10' off the ground just once. The guys then egged me on to let him go solo... and boy he's never looked back.... landing better with the Supercub than I did in my first year of flying it !!! Jeeze he hasn't even nosed it over yet... I was busting a prop a flight back then !!!

The biggest challenge was stopping him banging the sticks around too much, but I think he learning that.

Boy was I proud. This fits into the master plan of feeding the habit and justifying purchases to the wife. It's now officially a 'family' activity so the appropriations committee has a bit more scope

We now adding military decals to the SC and I'm building a bomb drop module for him.

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:59 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Originally quoted by girmann: "Anyone else see this from Horizon Hobby in their inbox this morning?

Is this what you're talking about? http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...s/KSJ2154.html
. From what I get out of the email, theyre gonna sell a kit to modify the "existing" cub airframe. Which tells me theyve been pilfering our ideas.. Of course I could be wrong. Just ask my wife.

[QUOTE=Toppers;16583980]I took my son (aged 8) to the field last Sunday. I build a stock HZ Supercub from old parts for the purpose (his first plane), it's painted up in camoflage colours to inpire him (I may have posted pictures probably 6 months back).

You should be very proud
The biggest challenge was stopping him banging the sticks around too much, but I think he learning that.

Gene-O still bangs his sticks around.We now adding military decals to the SC and I'm building a bomb drop module for him.

Ya know you can make one on the cheap using a rubber band and a 5g servo?
It also drops parachutists.
HZ Super Cub dropping parachutists/Field Day! (2 min 1 sec)
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Nov 18, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:10 AM
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Wind was nasty today. Almost lost the out-house.
Certainly a case of wind breaking as opposed to breaking wind. Could be time to put wings on the OH.

Maybe someone could do a model first? Might be a lot of interest here in a flying oh.

The X-Port should certainly be saved and incorporated.

Other subject: anyone else notice how difficult it is to land on a downhill strip? Gotta' inclined rough graveled driveway through the pasture I attempt to land on. Mostly attempts. Easier if no breeze, which makes the SC just float and float and ..."Holy $&%*&#, that thing almost hit me!"

I'd go back to the floats, but the ponds have skim ice on 'em. Breaking through and getting hung up just wouldn't be pretty.

I was hopin' it would just snow good, then the skis would work great.

Intra seasonal lament.

jo
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i wish i had water around here to fly off of. heck, i'll take snow! stupid southern california. there's a park nearby, though, that has a little lake. they allow electric boats on the water so i might be able to get away with it.

holidays suck... away the money i would buy floats and other things with.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:52 AM
Colorado Springs, CO.
Joined Mar 2009
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
i wish i had water around here to fly off of. heck, i'll take snow! stupid southern california. there's a park nearby, though, that has a little lake. they allow electric boats on the water so i might be able to get away with it.

holidays suck... away the money i would buy floats and other things with.
Just buy the floats and give them to your wife for Christmas! You can give the kids batteries, chargers, etc. Then you can borrow them as needed.
Scarface26 is offline Find More Posts by Scarface26