HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Plowboy, sorry to hear of the loss, but you have the right attitude, it's just an ARF they can be replaced, unlike your Brother. Our prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery. Did you buy another Sabre or did you go with something else? My sabre is flying great at the moment. After repairing the one 1/2 of the elevator that blew apart, it's been ok....knock on wood. I removed the Mac pipe last night, as I didn't like the way the 55AX was transitioning, and thought I would try the stock muffler setup. I'd call Alex at VH and see if he will do anything for you after you explain the crappy balsa and issues you had.

Kerwin50, oh no, not the big gree machine. It's sweet that you are able to get just the fuse/stab. Saves you a few bucks, you should take your wife out to a nice meal for being so understanding
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bro Plow. Hope things work out good for him. Sad to hear of the re-kitting incident, but having seen vids of you flying, I'm sure it went out in a spectacular fashion.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:40 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
here is a video of ground testing the two tank twist 40

one of my favorite songs btw
would love to hear or see video of waldo doing a redition or copy of this song

twist 40 with extra tank test (2 min 46 sec)
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
You guys are all so great!! Thank you very much!

Chris, dude, it was pretty awesome!! I hate building, and I hate spending money even more, but if it's gotta go then let it go big!!

Gregory, I went with another Sabre. I'll know what to watch for this time. Did you zip tie your tank down? I was getting just a wee bit of foaming when the tank would get low. Just enough to feel it lean out a bit from the bubbles. I had foam behind the tank but I had it strapped really tight. How is your tank mounted?

David, I love Johnny Cash! I remember when he had a weekly tv show, and WR watched it every week!! Folsom Prison Blues! You crack me up!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,392 Posts
Don't know if any of you guys have seen this yet...unbelievable, except that it is on video...enjoy.!

SEFF 2012 Mac Hodges B29 Demo (7 min 35 sec)

Quote:
From Manta: Yea,the B-29 is famous.He takes it all over the country and flies it LOL.. Since getting the 4 DA100s on it he has the power to do those aerobatics... LOL. I've seen him get like 2 full rotations in hover/torque roll with it.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Last edited by SnowDog1974; Apr 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:26 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Don't know if any of you guys have seen this yet...unbelievable, except that it is on video...enjoy.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXdmXk95nS8
That was just sick!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:07 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Guys I think I figured out how those ailerons got reversed.
You see I put this remote kill switch in and it wasn't working with the present RX so I swapped the RX with another one I had.
They were the same brand and model RX though.
But my 1st clue was my Idle was way off.
earlier I had noticed the throttle wasn't opening all the way either.
I've started on the new fuse but I've already ran into a snag.
It seem my old wing tube is slightly larger.
I sanded the inside of the fuse wing tube to get it to accept the wing tube but when I wastaking the wing tube out I was twisting the tube ind it broke the fiberglass fuse wing tube.
So now I'm repairing that.
I'm still debating on weather to keep the new H stab and rudder or take them back and cut the old ones out. GMP charged me another 50 for the stabs. He only chgarged me a 100 for the fuse but I was thinking some day I could repair the old fuse.
I still need to go to the city for epoxy along with some other stuff.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:20 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,075 Posts
Smoke on Hover of the B29.... Mac raises the bar every year with that plane.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:24 AM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
You guys are all so great!! Thank you very much!

Chris, dude, it was pretty awesome!! I hate building, and I hate spending money even more, but if it's gotta go then let it go big!!

Gregory, I went with another Sabre. I'll know what to watch for this time. Did you zip tie your tank down? I was getting just a wee bit of foaming when the tank would get low. Just enough to feel it lean out a bit from the bubbles. I had foam behind the tank but I had it strapped really tight. How is your tank mounted?

David, I love Johnny Cash! I remember when he had a weekly tv show, and WR watched it every week!! Folsom Prison Blues! You crack me up!!
Yep, zip tied it. I get quite a bit of foaming on the ground at idle, but when I throttle up it didn't seem too bad and in the air it seems ok. Most folks on the Profile Brotherhood site would tell you to use rubberbands, but I think they are a pita. I used a double layer of closed cell foam under mine and when fully compressed witht the zip ties, it's still about 1/4" thick. Good luck on your next one.

ps. You really should contact Alex and at least let him know about the crappy wood you found in your 1st one. Dg
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:36 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Sounds like good advice. Last night I located some closed cell foam here that's about an inch thick! That should work nicely on the next one. I'll give VH a call today.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXdmXk95nS8
That was frickin awesome!! That announcer was drunk as a hoot owl though, lololololol
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,775 Posts
Plow our best to your bro and you man thats tough to take I'm sure.
and glad to hear you had at least 5 taxi backs My ME109 has crashed everytime up except 1 flight where it just nosed over but has yet to taxi back to me 1 single time and for this reason I keep repairing I've had it for over 2 years now and have rebuilt it at least 4 times and the other times were just trying to get the firewall back tightened, Its just way under powered lol But I can't throw it away yet. I don't have the heart lol. I hate this composit ARF it is now my nemesis. She will taxi back to me Or I'm changing my name to Mrs Nesbitt !!

That was an awesome presentation of a B-29 just wicked and extremely impressive

David Awesome I wasn't expecting you to do 3D with the external tank LOL I thought you just wanted it for long distance FPV flights so I thought that was an easy solution but I have to say it looks pretty Hip On TV240 glad its working out well.

Kerwin Good grief man Thats a bummer for sure I know you've been waiting paitently to have fun with the green machine sorry to hear that, Now quit dawdling around and get busy I wanna see that thing in the air.

And Yes there is a Santa..... Snowman has proved it to me
I Wonder what waldo's (possibly mrs Nesbitt) Building now.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Is it an Eagle 2?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Waldo what kit is that?
Plowboy you beat me to the punch LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
My brother made it through the procedure. They gave him four more stints, that makes twelve. Hopefully he follows the doctors' advice from now on. Thanks for the prayers and support fellas.