HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2009, 03:26 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *shrug* View Post
This appears to be a common problem. I checked my order, number 2009102514300, and I see that my city was left out as well. It should read:

Austin, TX 78750

Not

United States, Texas, 78750

In general, delivery addresses in the United states should take the following format: Link
When you guys fill out your addresses, if you put your city after your street address, it formats it properly.
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2009, 04:26 PM
That boy ain't right.
Austin, Texas
Joined Nov 2005
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom View Post
When you guys fill out your addresses, if you put your city after your street address, it formats it properly.
Thanks; I'll try that next time.
*shrug* is offline Find More Posts by *shrug*
Old Nov 04, 2009, 06:18 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
Glendale, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr2001 View Post
Thanks for checking Nina, I just got your email and see that the order was shipped on the 22 and is on the way. Since it left HK on the 30th I figure it will be next week before it gets here.

Thanks again, John

Got it all today. Props look great and are a good value. I have used the same type before and they work well.

The Motor looks great. It is the 3536/8. It actually has a real shaft (5mm dia)
and looks like it could take a bolt on prop adapter as well but I did not see that on the web site.

Don't forget to order the prop-adapter or collet and the x motor mount and screws as the motor is shipped without them. No big deal, I think I saw them on the web site.

Great work Nina. Thanks again.
jjr2001 is online now Find More Posts by jjr2001
Old Nov 06, 2009, 01:06 AM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
Does anyone know an easy workaround for the IE issue that doesn't involve downloading another program?
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 06, 2009, 04:40 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Hi carlsoti. Have you tried Windows Update? They will install the latest version of IE for free. Also, have you checked into Firefox? I prefer it to IE, and it's a free download as well. That's all I know to tell you, maybe someone else out there has a better suggestion, good luck!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Nov 06, 2009, 04:42 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Oops, accidental post.
Old Nov 06, 2009, 09:33 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,719 Posts
Oh, my luck. I guess I am out $54.82.
Well, I waited 3 weeks now and still no package. Order was placed on October 9 and shipped on the 15th. I have placed two orders from Hobby City since then and both have showed up so I doubt it is due to shipping time.

I sent a PM to Nina 3 days ago asking for assistance and did not get a reply. Really, I doubt there is anything that can be done on their part anyhow as the order shows it did ship so they did their part per paypal requirements.
I think the package is at the USPS due to an address that they find is not deliverable due to their format for our address or they wrote the incorrect information down on the label or the label fell off/tore.
I was looking forward to the three items I ordered but have since purchased less quantities of each from my LHS so I could complete my projects I was building.

I guess the lesson here for anyone interested in ordering from RC Timer is to make sure you get your address in correctly. Sign up and get this worked out first or back out and don't place an order. At least there will be one less point of failure.
Our paypal information that is sent to seller has the correct address format for the country we live in so why don't they copy/paste from there?

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Nov 06, 2009, 11:19 AM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,306 Posts
My order that was shipped 10/22 isn't here yet but neither is a Hobby City Order that shipped on 10/20.

I think the USPS has to scale a mountain that isn't on the map to get into Michigan or something. Order shipped from Tower Hobbies only 2.5 ours away take over a week by USPS but a day and a half by UPS.

It'll get here, just need to wait.
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Nov 06, 2009, 12:23 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Our paypal information that is sent to seller has the correct address format for the country we live in so why don't they copy/paste from there?

Rick
good idea. I think I'll hold off on ordering anything until the address and the IE thing get worked out.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 07, 2009, 07:29 AM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Oh, my luck. I guess I am out $54.82.
Well, I waited 3 weeks now and still no package. Order was placed on October 9 and shipped on the 15th. I have placed two orders from Hobby City since then and both have showed up so I doubt it is due to shipping time.

I sent a PM to Nina 3 days ago asking for assistance and did not get a reply. Really, I doubt there is anything that can be done on their part anyhow as the order shows it did ship so they did their part per paypal requirements.
I think the package is at the USPS due to an address that they find is not deliverable due to their format for our address or they wrote the incorrect information down on the label or the label fell off/tore.
I was looking forward to the three items I ordered but have since purchased less quantities of each from my LHS so I could complete my projects I was building.

I guess the lesson here for anyone interested in ordering from RC Timer is to make sure you get your address in correctly. Sign up and get this worked out first or back out and don't place an order. At least there will be one less point of failure.

Rick
You gave them the correct address and they mislabled your package...the onus is on them.

I have a package that was mislabled as well but it was only for 12 bucks however I didn't screw it up...they did.

Maybe USPS will wake TFU and start getting on the ball and realise the ZIP is the key.

It might get sent back and hopefully RC Timer will format the address correctly.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
Last edited by reacher10; Nov 07, 2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2009, 08:45 AM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
...It might get sent back and hopefully RC Timer will format the address correctly.
I would hope that this would happen in the event than the USPS could not figuring things out.
etotheo is offline Find More Posts by etotheo
Old Nov 07, 2009, 09:58 AM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,423 Posts
I had the same problem with shipping address and postal code to Canada. Nina emailed me personally and confirmed my mailing address before they shipped. Everything arrived in 10 days and was great quality. A1 customer service!!
bc-slowflyer is online now Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Nov 07, 2009, 12:52 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
My order that was shipped 10/22 isn't here yet but neither is a Hobby City Order that shipped on 10/20.

I think the USPS has to scale a mountain that isn't on the map to get into Michigan or something. Order shipped from Tower Hobbies only 2.5 ours away take over a week by USPS but a day and a half by UPS.

Got the Hobby City order yesterday, and the RC Timer one today.

Looks like there is competition!!
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Nov 07, 2009, 01:53 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
I think the USPS has to scale a mountain that isn't on the map to get into Michigan or something.
Now ya did it...ya gave away that private location!

Seriously, glad your orders arrived. Lately my overseas orders are taking longer than usual. Not much more than a week longer than usual so it's not too awfully long to wait.

Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Nov 07, 2009, 04:52 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwingnut View Post
Lately my overseas orders are taking longer than usual. Not much more than a week longer than usual so it's not too awfully long to wait.

Xwing
Same here; RCTimer was quicker when this thread started; was 7-10days, last couple of orders are taking a bit longer, (still waiting for 2 orders, coming up on 2 weeks). I'm noticing the same slow arrivals from DinoDirect too; however, don't forget HobbyPartz, (shipped from US). Their orders get to me in 3-4 days with very good pricing, (if the item is in stock that is; they seem to have a lot of out of stock items). All in all though, RCTimer has the best shipping deal, great prices, and relatively decent customer service, (they are on the other side of the world after all...).
BTW: they charge tax on my orders?? Whose tax? Why are we paying a sales tax to a Chinese company? Nina, what is that tax? Anybody else wonder about that?
Last edited by sonny1; Nov 07, 2009 at 04:59 PM.