HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:19 PM
manual flying apologist
Adidas4275's Avatar
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
amazon has them, they were a winner of some EU TV inventor show, I bought them about a year ago when i went up to Alaska and put them on my rig, never needed them.
http://www.amazon.com/Waterbuoy-Rapi...ting+key+float
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:02 AM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
At the lake staying at a friends houseboat.

Here's my first time flying over water. Very scary and heart pounding.
Uploaded a video through my iPad so I can't edit it.

DJI F450 GoPro test at lake (3 min 25 sec)
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:29 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post

I re-calibrated and it hovers almost exactly in one spot. It only moves lateral less than a foot and vertical just about the same. Has a very tiny drift to the left when going down the street (only about 5ft left after going 50ft) but since it's hovering in one spot I'm leaving the GPS where it is.
Mine was hovering in a circle about 8-10ft. It was a little windy. Still trying to get mine dialed in like yours. My WKM hovers almost perfect, but the Naza not so just yet after one flight.

Any ideas?
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:08 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Mine was hovering in a circle about 8-10ft. It was a little windy. Still trying to get mine dialed in like yours. My WKM hovers almost perfect, but the Naza not so just yet after one flight.

Any ideas?
Mine did the exact same thing after the GPS module didn't point exactly forward after I flew my quad into a tree It was fixed when I pointed the GPS module straight ahead again.
Gh05trider is offline Find More Posts by Gh05trider
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh05trider View Post
Mine did the exact same thing after the GPS module didn't point exactly forward after I flew my quad into a tree It was fixed when I pointed the GPS module straight ahead again.
Mine is pointed exactly forward
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered User
UniversalRC's Avatar
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
At the lake staying at a friends houseboat.

Here's my first time flying over water. Very scary and heart pounding.
Uploaded a video through my iPad so I can't edit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcRyIYF05I&sns=em
Yea I know the feeling flying over water. I also learned that chase vids need to be done FPV. Try framing a moving boat 100 yards out LOS

Gainesville Marina test 2 (7 min 25 sec)
UniversalRC is online now Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Teknotronix's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Nice vid's guys!

Check out cruddbucket's videos for some awesome over the water stuff

Cruddcopter sleeps with the fishes. R.I.P (4 min 15 sec)
Teknotronix is offline Find More Posts by Teknotronix
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:26 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknotronix View Post
Nice vid's guys!

Check out cruddbucket's videos for some awesome over the water stuff

http://youtu.be/3l6boL7iVxM
Ya, saw that one last week. Really cool videos, sucks the ocean swallowed up his F450.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:28 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Mine is pointed exactly forward
Your's should be turned 10 degrees to the right.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:31 PM
manual flying apologist
Adidas4275's Avatar
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
Ya, saw that one last week. Really cool videos, sucks the ocean swallowed up his F450.
That was bound to happen. Amazing shots he got... i feel like it would be difficult to fly at the same speed as the boat and feel like it is standing still....
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:36 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
That was bound to happen. Amazing shots he got... i feel like it would be difficult to fly at the same speed as the boat and feel like it is standing still....
Ya, I also saw he had 10 flights. I left a post telling him he's going to lose it anyways sooner or later flying with the stock props.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:18 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
Your's should be turned 10 degrees to the right.
Really? Why is that? Just curious
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:43 AM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Really? Why is that? Just curious
You said yours hovered in a 8-10ft radius. You also said you have your GPS pointed exactly forward.
Mine hovers pretty much in the same spot and so I suggested turning your GPS 10 degrees to the right to compensate for your magnetic declination being in Orange County.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:29 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
You said yours hovered in a 8-10ft radius. You also said you have your GPS pointed exactly forward.
Mine hovers pretty much in the same spot and so I suggested turning your GPS 10 degrees to the right to compensate for your magnetic declination being in Orange County.
Ahhh ok. I'll try another flight and then try the 10 degrees if it isn't fixed.

This is my first time using the Naza also, been using the WKM. I guess there isn't a go home and land in the battery settings like the WKM.
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Ahhh ok. I'll try another flight and then try the 10 degrees if it isn't fixed.

This is my first time using the Naza also, been using the WKM. I guess there isn't a go home and land in the battery settings like the WKM.
If you correct it for the declination it will fly pretty straight and hover just fine.
Also, it does have a Return To Home feature. Page 21 of the manual, set it to just land or come back to where it took off from.

The Gauge list is AWESOME and will answer most any questions you may have. Read it cover to cover.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New at all this. Here's my P-40 jeff69 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 7 Jun 24, 2012 11:01 AM
Discussion Crashed my new dji s800, 100%totally not my fault. I'm so friggn pissed off right now jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 137 Jun 13, 2012 10:46 AM
Discussion Anyone with a DJI S800 & Zenmuse here is SoCal? defxxx Multirotor Talk 5 Jun 10, 2012 12:29 PM
Discussion Please suggest me a good motor from here for my hexa joy4u Multirotor Talk 2 May 04, 2012 03:03 AM
Here's My Finished Hawk IV (from earlier post) Acer Electric Heli Talk 9 Jul 24, 2002 07:03 AM