HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 03:52 AM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,230 Posts
Alert
Please keep an eye open for me, friends.

Yesterday morning, on the way to the flying field, My Mercury Mountaineer was stolen. Most of my RC world was inside.

Futaba 9C, 6ch 72mhz, old 7ch UAF.

New Stahl Apache A-36, RBC Panther, Skyhawk, and 120% version, WBK P-51. Ammo box full of assorted 4-5s batteries.

If you see any of these items, on the web, please PM me, or email me at eremington2@cox.net .

Thank you

Steve (Fuzz) St.Martin
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 07:01 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,146 Posts
Sorry to hear about this! What happened? What color was your Merc? Where did it happen? I love the Apache and hoped to see some air pics.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Don Srull's BE-2
Old May 20, 2012, 07:30 AM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,386 Posts
That is terrible Fuzz. Keep an eye out at all the local pawn shops and contact all the local RC clubs. Last fall an old club member of ours had several planes stolen from storage. By notifying all the local clubs we were able to get the word out and most of the stuff has been recovered.

I got no use for thieves. Nothing makes you angrier than a thief. Just breaks your heart to lose something like your Apache that you spent so much time on.

Good luck and best wishes,
Jim
JIMA is online now Find More Posts by JIMA
Old May 20, 2012, 08:11 AM
United States, NJ, Upper Pittsgrove
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
MOST likely these scumbags wont know what to do with your RC equipment, they may take it to a hobby shop to try and sell it. Contact your local shops and good luck I hope they get these bums.
scaleman57 is offline Find More Posts by scaleman57
Old May 20, 2012, 08:34 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleman57 View Post
MOST likely these scumbags wont know what to do with your RC equipment, they may take it to a hobby shop to try and sell it. Contact your local shops and good luck I hope they get these bums.
That's so true.
They'll have no idea how unique these items are and think they can be pawned off as generic "toy airplanes".

Please keep us updated on this Steve.

Julian
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old May 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
23,597 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that Fuzz. Damn lowlifes have to steal to make ends meet instead of working like the good folks. We will all keep our eyes peeled for anything resembling your gear.'Hope to have a successful conclusion to this .

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
6,950 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Keep an eye on E-Bay and Craig's List, too. They may try to pawn off the RC gear.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old May 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Oct 2004
1,854 Posts
Steve, very sorry to hear of this! As others have suggested, pawn shops will might be the key in finding the RC stuff. I wish you the best of luck.

D-Rock
D-Rock is online now Find More Posts by D-Rock
Old May 20, 2012, 10:01 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,516 Posts
Keep an eye on Craigslist as well. Is your auto-homeowers going to cover the costs?
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old May 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,363 Posts
Ask local RC clubs to be on the lookout and contact you. Hope your car insurance covers contents. AMA insurance may help.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 20, 2012, 02:15 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,230 Posts
Thank you for all your concerns, gentlemen. Your responses is heart warming. The place it was stlen from, is a country convienience store. About a mile from our flying field. Everybody either leaves their keys in the car or leaves it running. There is a drug re-hab house about a 1/2 mile away. They know who the thief was. He just was discharged from there. I never leave my keys in my car. But did it here, among other cars parked AND RUNNING. Mine was not.

He must have been watching closely. He had just asked the clerk for a bus schedule to Providence. And witnesses said He headed that way.

The State Police believe he just wanted a ride. And feel the vehical will be found abandoned. Hopefully intact. I just bought it 3 weeks ago. Put 4 new Goodyear Wranglers on it. The nicest piece of transpo, I have ever owned. Still kicking myself in the ass, for not sticking to my common sense, of removing the keys. We changed all our house locks today.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old May 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,070 Posts
Fuzz,

Your loss is terrible, don't kick yourself is the butt, some A**hole stole your car and RC gear!!!

Your Merc is a little out of the ordinary, so lets hope some sharp eyed lawman happens onto it and maybe you will get your things back...

Hopeing good things happen for you.

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
Old May 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,623 Posts
man, that SUKS! Hopefully it will be recovered quickly and still fully stocked.
And you just finished the Apache too...

I feel your pain, had two vehicles stolen myself.
First my Toyota was boosted from in front of the house. Then while we were still shopping for another car, my pickup was snagged from the parking lot at work. Neither were full of planes, but my pickup had a topper and a lot of tools in the back.
Homeowners paid for some of the tools lost but I was out of vehicles!

Good luck.

Glenn
glewis is offline Find More Posts by glewis
Old May 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
It flew once before...
Northwood , New Hampshire
Joined Jul 2004
3,865 Posts
Steve,

All the best in getting your wheels ,gear & great builds back ! Nothing worse than some dirtbag taking someones items they worked so hard for ...

-John
jofrost is offline Find More Posts by jofrost
Old May 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,516 Posts
I see it all the time around here and always wonder,why is it so hard to take the keys with you? Love when the women leave it running, unlocked, at the 7-11,with the purse on the pass seat. Smh. Dont tell ins co keys were in it, some void the theft coverage. Hope it all works out well and d-b that took your stuff gers a little karma!
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger