HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:22 PM
On Drugs
A mile high and 30 feet south of the 40th parallel
Joined Dec 2009
1,128 Posts
I will buy this plane as soon as its in stock anywhere.

I took a year off from RC to build a couple rifles...

At this point my wallet and girl will be happy to see me spending my money on RC again!!!

I have the UMX Sbach, and it is one of my favorite birds.

a Sbach w/ a 50" wing makes me so happy.

I just read through this entire thread today, and was wondering if anyone has tried a different motor? 1000kv ish?

Also, what is the prop everyone is suggesting again? I failed @ finding it.
BEELZEBOB is offline Find More Posts by BEELZEBOB
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:09 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Smash View Post
We are not getting the Pitts...Too much silliness to deal with the color scheme and such.

I am not going to give an exact date since it may change....But its soon. I will announce the arrival on our facebook page..Ya never know there may be a coupon with it
cool.

facebook? um, how about twitter or Google+?
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, AZ, Wittmann
Joined Oct 2011
113 Posts
Anyone know where to get a cowl or horizontal stabilizer?
Wittmann Air is offline Find More Posts by Wittmann Air
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Smash View Post
We are not getting the Pitts...Too much silliness to deal with the color scheme and such.

I am not going to give an exact date since it may change....But its soon. I will announce the arrival on our facebook page..Ya never know there may be a coupon with it
Basil can you also post an "in stock" on the thread here...thx
poiyt is online now Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:03 AM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Basil can you also post an "in stock" on the thread here...thx
If I remember

We are stocking every single available part as well.

Thanks
Lt.Smash is offline Find More Posts by Lt.Smash
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:59 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,827 Posts
Went to take off this am and went thru a patch of taller grass. She nosed over. I went to pick her up and it had ripped the LG right out. Broke a little piece of foam but for the most part just tore the stock setup right out in one piece.

I put some gorilla glue all around the mounting plate and where it sits in the fuse and set back in there. I bet it will be solid now. Unreal it came out that easy.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,782 Posts
I purchased the Dynam Sbach about two months ago. Found it to have to many iffy upgrades that needed done and I did them. It flys reasonably well but find it a bit to small for my taste. So I ordered the larger Sbach in orange from Hobby King. Just got it today and have completed the assembly. Except for adding an Sbec and a bit of assembly of the rear end and wings all went really easy. This thing looks awesome and much bigger than the Dynam. A really nice finish and surprisingly good quality. All hinge lines are real pinned hinges and the hardware is of heavy duty quality. Servos are huge with full and long control arms. This gets really good control swings of the surfaces.

The price was the same as the Dynam but did cost $20 more for shipping due to being in Hong Kong. Looking forward to flying it tomorrow. I just find the Dynam a bit twitchy in any type of wind due to the size. Definitely deserves consideration over the Dynam.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
I purchased the Dynam Sbach about two months ago. Found it to have to many iffy upgrades that needed done and I did them. It flys reasonably well but find it a bit to small for my taste. So I ordered the larger Sbach in orange from Hobby King. Just got it today and have completed the assembly. Except for adding an Sbec and a bit of assembly of the rear end and wings all went really easy. This thing looks awesome and much bigger than the Dynam. A really nice finish and surprisingly good quality. All hinge lines are real pinned hinges and the hardware is of heavy duty quality. Servos are huge with full and long control arms. This gets really good control swings of the surfaces.

The price was the same as the Dynam but did cost $20 more for shipping due to being in Hong Kong. Looking forward to flying it tomorrow. I just find the Dynam a bit twitchy in any type of wind due to the size. Definitely deserves consideration over the Dynam.
You going to start another thread for this? Let us know if you do. I'd be very interested in how it flies. If not, post back here, even though it's OT. I wanna know!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
You going to start another thread for this? Let us know if you do. I'd be very interested in how it flies. If not, post back here, even though it's OT. I wanna know!
You want BIG?? I saw that NP is now stocking a 55" Sbach??

Yeah +1 to what erkq said....before I bought my Dynam I also looked at the HK version but just didn't have the patience to wait a month to get it

Can you start a build & flt review thread i'd like to see what you think of this puppy vs the Dynam
poiyt is online now Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:13 AM
On Drugs
Joined Dec 2009
1,128 Posts
Hobby king has several Sbachs.

3 electric air frames in 39", 49" and 55"

I think 2 or all 3 are balsa and composite.

I think I will buy the Dynam to get back into the swing of things, and then build the HK 55"

The kit is like $110?

You could build the entire plane for <$300.

I want to go to there.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Feb 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Thread's already going pretty strong.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573216
rotorsup is offline Find More Posts by rotorsup
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorsup View Post
Thread's already going pretty strong.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573216
D'oh! Thank you!

EDIT: Reviewed the thread a bit. Looks really heavy, compared to the Dynam. Sure, it has a few more inches wingspan, but for an extra kg?? I'm going to read more, though.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Last edited by erkq; Mar 09, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,782 Posts
Quote:
D'oh! Thank you!

EDIT: Reviewed the thread a bit. Looks really heavy, compared to the Dynam. Sure, it has a few more inches wingspan, but for an extra kg?? I'm going to read more, though.
MIne is quite light. In fact I was surprised at the weight. Will be test flying in an hour. Just waiting the Temps to get up. It is the size of the T28 and about half the weight so should go pretty good. It really has some presence sitting on the bench with lots of room inside for goodies. Biggest problem I had was balancing the prop and spinner. The spinner is like 3" and does have a definite impact on total balance. It just barely fits in my Dubro balancer with about 1/16" to spare. Runs up super smooth after balancing both of them.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:33 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,045 Posts
New in the 3D, purchased the Precision Aerobatics Katana, beauty but balsa, to be safe got the Nitroplanes Sbach Foamy, so far few flights and landings needs power also seems nose heavy but a hoot to fly, really enjoying this one !
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
On Drugs
Joined Dec 2009
1,128 Posts
WHEN WILL IT BE IN STOCK AGAIN!!!!

Your stories of joy and triumph make my soul ache!