New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2015, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by Geraus
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2013
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgustavoam View Post
Did you made procedure with instructions on help window (RC assistant)?
Picture at left. It is simple.

Yes ,it's working I had to do the manual calibration , it won't work over the computer. I had the first flight yesterday ,and all was going fine, cheers
Geraus is online now Find More Posts by Geraus
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by alek3d
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,277 Posts
DJI Smart Battery with replaced cells issue

Hello,
I had one worn out smart battery. I disassembled it and replaced the cells. I bought 6 1S cells with the same dimensions as original cells, but 20C 2200 mAh, so overall capacity of replaced cells should be 4400 mAh. The cost was 38 euros including shipping.

When I connected it to the charger for the first time it started to charge the battery. I had to go out so I interrupted charging and when I came back I connected the battery to the charger again, but this time it refused to charge it (the leds stayed lit off).

DJI Smart Battery with replaced cells (0 min 26 sec)

When I put the battery to Phantom and connect it to PC I am getting "Not original smart battery" error.

I read some people use original smart board for connecting regular batteries to P2 but mine original battery with replaced cells does not work.

Any tips how can I make it "approved" so I can use it in my P2?

I really like my Phantom but I hate this "smart" battery policy, I really do
alek3d is online now Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by olderthendirt
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined Jul 2014
193 Posts
Close call.
Kemah Boardwalk (4 min 12 sec)
olderthendirt is offline Find More Posts by olderthendirt
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by RemE
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
8,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Hello,
I had one worn out smart battery. I disassembled it and replaced the cells. I bought 6 1S cells with the same dimensions as original cells, but 20C 2200 mAh, so overall capacity of replaced cells should be 4400 mAh. The cost was 38 euros including shipping.

When I connected it to the charger for the first time it started to charge the battery. I had to go out so I interrupted charging and when I came back I connected the battery to the charger again, but this time it refused to charge it (the leds stayed lit off).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afOPN6ynNqU

When I put the battery to Phantom and connect it to PC I am getting "Not original smart battery" error.

I read some people use original smart board for connecting regular batteries to P2 but mine original battery with replaced cells does not work.

Any tips how can I make it "approved" so I can use it in my P2?

I really like my Phantom but I hate this "smart" battery policy, I really do
I'm very surprised that a cell change didn't work! The smart board must somehow check the cell characteristics and if they are not close to stock, error out. I wish I could offer help as to how to reset the board, but even that may not be enough.
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Joined Nov 2013
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
The digital video feed is addictive, crystal clear. The Lightbridge tech adds good range and the model is pretty much improved in every way. I love the phantom form factor and did go ahead and pre-order one.
I can imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
Thanks RemE...yeah, I'm in a similar mindset. Getting to see 720p video feed would be ideal...I find myself needing the detail sometimes. And carrying around goggles and a gopro is kind of a pain in the ass. This will consolidate alot...i just need my phone.
Medium-res goggles and a nice tablet at least to take advantage of that beautiful video downlink, I'm thinkin'.
Dave Pitman is offline Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by Australian John
Joined Feb 2014
21 Posts
Has anyone purchased the Black Pearl Monitor mounting bracket that Jason in the USA sells to fit to the Phantom Remote. It was available on Ebay He prints them in a white plastic. (Hope my description makes sense) I purchased one and because of the honeycomb construction it seemed to be very weak and broke with the weight of the monitor. I was wondering if anyone else had the problem.
Australian John is offline Find More Posts by Australian John
Old Today, 02:38 AM
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2013
220 Posts
Phantom Mode

When flying in Phantom Mode and I loose GPS connection ,will the Phantom fall down or can I still controll it ? I have not switched the Naza on yet , I have read that it is not a good idea for a beginner. I only have one flight so far , so still very new. Cheers
Old Today, 03:55 AM
Find More Posts by alek3d
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraus View Post
When flying in Phantom Mode and I loose GPS connection ,will the Phantom fall down or can I still controll it ? I have not switched the Naza on yet , I have read that it is not a good idea for a beginner. I only have one flight so far , so still very new. Cheers
It should switch to Atti, it would definitely not fall down and would be controllable. I think there is something about this in User Guide.
alek3d is online now Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Today, 06:17 AM
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2013
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
It should switch to Atti, it would definitely not fall down and would be controllable. I think there is something about this in User Guide.
I checked the User Guide ,but it's not very clear , also in the Training Guide it looks like that it has to be switched in to Naza-M, so it can go into Fail Save. I will get a few more flights before I switch Naza-M on.