HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:37 AM
Terry Harner AREA-52
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined May 2007
592 Posts
Question
West Phoenix AZ, Any DS sites around?

I have relocated to West Valley of Phoenix AZ. All I see is what appears to be crazy good DS sites but with a LOT of ROCKS. Are there any known sites at the moment anyone care to share?
The End is offline Find More Posts by The End
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,591 Posts
I'm very lucky to live in Tucson,Az. as we have "A" mountain AKA Sentinel Peak Park. I've never seen it done there but Brian Agnew did a few orbit's with his F3B ship but the airframe wasn't tight enough to go any faster. Yes sadly there are rock's on the "A" as well but I've landed on the road and other smoother area's too. The only grassey hill I've flown on is Green's Peak near Show Low, and I consider it slope nirvana. I never hear much about sloping in Phoenix, sadly.
prodjx is online now Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2014, 02:37 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,121 Posts
Terry

Howzit I just was talking about you with your combat buddy (Pete??) that flys/gives lessons at Palomar RC down at the beach. Hope you get some DSing out there.

Ray
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEG 60 inch P-39 Repaint
Old Jan 01, 2014, 11:31 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
United States, AZ, Goodyear
Joined Apr 2004
521 Posts
DS! Yea, I've done it out on the southern edge of the white tanks. Give me a pm.

Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
I have relocated to West Valley of Phoenix AZ. All I see is what appears to be crazy good DS sites but with a LOT of ROCKS. Are there any known sites at the moment anyone care to share?
glasairIII is online now Find More Posts by glasairIII
Old Jan 02, 2014, 02:00 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Joined May 2007
592 Posts
White Tanks are in my back yard almost !!

It will be a while as I am still in the unpacking phase. Once I get the family squared away I'll get something built. Sadly now, I tossed my old beat JW as I would not mind it hitting a few rocks. I do have my trusty Moth though..HMMM..
Old Jan 03, 2014, 08:15 PM
Westerly Windina
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,052 Posts
Good to see you posting again Terry. Hope you get some laps in out there.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Jan 07, 2014, 12:52 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Joined May 2007
592 Posts
Soon I hope

Settling in to the new house, once I get somewhat sorted out I'll be looking at some slopes I've seen on the South WhiteTanks...