HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Help!
My friend has a Nitro HPI Savage Truck. Need advice on getting it started.

He got this 4 years ago, and he only ran It twice. I'm not exactly sure how to start it. We have nitro and a glow plug that is just about as old as the car. Will the nitro go bad as well as the glow plug? So what should I do to get this running, thanks.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:03 AM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
First off, if it has been sitting that long, you need to make sure the engine isnt seized or gummed up. Take the head off and make sure the internals are good and the piston moves. Maybe even give it a nice coating of wd-40.

Id also get new nitro. Nitro is heat and light reactive. The longer it sits, the less potent it is, the chemicals break down. Heat and light speed up the process.

You will also need a glow plug lighter to light the glow plug, id get a new one of those too.

Lastly, you never told how it is started; box, pull start, shaft starter?
chevyfried is offline Find More Posts by chevyfried