HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,099 Posts
Hi all,

See attache picture: This is one of the "strange pnenomenae" that you might see when you convert to CDI ignition....

That drop of oil hanging from the tube, not only was it near crystal clear (the Original oil, Carbulin, is virtually as clear and as colourless as water and has a higher viscosity than maple syrup), but even more interesting, it was allready hanging there for roughly 12 hours.

The helicopter was flown the evening before, and it dropped a few drops of oil during de-fuelling and handling (still warm=>lower viscosity) but after I put it in its place yesterday the floor was clean, and still is clean.

I also managed to really give it its maiden flight (not just a quick hoover) and because I am still busy breaking in the engine from Castor based lubrication to full synthetic, I kept it at a relatively rich setting.

In one session, alternating between 0.5~1 minute flight and a minute of idle, I managed 11,5 minutes of flight out of a motor runtime of 27 minutes.
In this 27 minutes of idle and rich-mixture flight the engine consumed only 200 ml of fuel (roughly 6 fl.oz)
which not even possible for a glow ignited engine, even if you really squeeze it....
Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Last edited by Brutus1967; Yesterday at 09:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts