HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by NEWBEFLYER, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:30 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,224 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
For Sale
LPU Idea

I was thinking with all those who want to have LPU, it would be nice if this forum can separate the LPU from for sale in two separate forums that way we don;t need to have all the mess of sale vs LPU IT would be alot easier to see and save other from seeing all LPU. Just like the drop down on what you want to see ,found,for sale,looking for,wanted and this LPU make life better . How can we make it work here?
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, OH, Dresden
Joined Mar 2004
419 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
I Second That !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
I was thinking with all those who want to have LPU, it would be nice if this forum can separate the LPU from for sale in two separate forums that way we don;t need to have all the mess of sale vs LPU IT would be alot easier to see and save other from seeing all LPU. Just like the drop down on what you want to see ,found,for sale,looking for,wanted and this LPU make life better . How can we make it work here?
I second that !--joe1
joe1 is online now Find More Posts by joe1
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
United States, OH, Willshire
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
+1 on that!
Island Runner is offline Find More Posts by Island Runner
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
You mean like this? Or any of these other threads on that same subject that have been created in the site suggestion forums?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=lpu

I too would love the option, it has been suggested multiple times over the years and the latest answer is "The techs have a long list of things to do. That is still on it. " Per Jim T Graham.

Feel free to create another one in the site suggestion forum, but I doubt it will do any more good than it has in the 2+ years since it was first suggested. I have given up hope that it will happen while I am still an RC Modeler.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:22 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,890 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
You can run it up the Trader Talk flag pole like so many others have done just to have it shot down there too.
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:19 PM
lla
customer service is key
United States, WI, Sarona
Joined Jun 2009
239 Posts
Trader Rating: 127
awesome idea
can it start yesterday
or (LPU) should be in the regional area .
Gregg
lla is offline Find More Posts by lla
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
What would nicer would be a "tag" for LPU-only items that you could hide at any time when browsing or exclude from any searches. I think this would be the most elegant solution. Even if an OP didn't properly "tag" their post as LPU-only, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone reminded them to do so...

My $0.02.

Lance

PS - I also hate, time and time again, excitedly browsing to an item only to find that it is marked "LPU only" somewhere in the body of the post. Hint: putting "LPU" in the title is VERY helpful to us browsers. I just didn't have anything bigger to bitch about right now so I guess that's a good thing
lancew is offline Find More Posts by lancew
Last edited by lancew; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
I think the only thing people need to do is list the city, state right after their "LPU" tag.

ie- J3 cub 1/4 scale- LPU Pittsburgh, PA

Its so crazy that people list LPU then not say where it is.
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:35 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
879 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Yeah...what they said.
abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SA F-18 50MM Build
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:45 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
I think the only thing people need to do is list the city, state right after their "LPU" tag.

ie- J3 cub 1/4 scale- LPU Pittsburgh, PA

Its so crazy that people list LPU then not say where it is.
You forgot to say how much

Seriously though, on other forums I have frequented in the past, their admins had very strict rules for posting. Among other things, they required a picture with a named & dated card in the shot for every item you sold. I say this because having a rule that your post must include "J3 Cub 1/4 scale [LPU - Pittsburgh, PA]" would be easy to comply with and enforce. I'm glad they added the column for distance to user, but too many people don't bother to put that in their profile.

Or maybe we're over thinking it, and we should just use advanced search and exclude "LPU" But, I'd still prefer it to be in the title.
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:26 AM
"Thats right Iceman"
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Jul 2011
129 Posts
Trader Rating: 175
great idea

+4
MIKEYOUR is online now Find More Posts by MIKEYOUR
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Mar 2012
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancew View Post
What would nicer would be a "tag" for LPU-only items that you could hide at any time when browsing or exclude from any searches. I think this would be the most elegant solution. Even if an OP didn't properly "tag" their post as LPU-only, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone reminded them to do so...

My $0.02.

Lance

PS - I also hate, time and time again, excitedly browsing to an item only to find that it is marked "LPU only" somewhere in the body of the post. Hint: putting "LPU" in the title is VERY helpful to us browsers. I just didn't have anything bigger to bitch about right now so I guess that's a good thing
Lance, that sounds like a very realistic solution. I like it.
w1indse7 is offline Find More Posts by w1indse7
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
It could also tie in to mapping/location data from your RCG profile "location" so you could filter by distance. Like "filter out any LPU items over 50 miles from me...". Lots of other sites do it. I realize it would take effort to implement, but what an improvement it would make!

Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1indse7 View Post
Lance, that sounds like a very realistic solution. I like it.
lancew is offline Find More Posts by lancew