HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2014, 07:56 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,563 Posts
Nice lots of choices! Thanks guys! The $30 is definitely the best, but I doubt it'll be back.
rcboosted is offline Find More Posts by rcboosted
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2014, 07:57 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
My blog post about the Devo 7e is help answer many of the questions you may have. Click on my name to go to the my blog section.
I have your thread bookmarked already. Very helpful thread.
rcboosted is offline Find More Posts by rcboosted
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:49 AM
Antisocial Curmudgeon
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2013
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
All, Is your Devo 7E battery life significantly less after modifications? I have the diode mod (range mod) and the module from V911 tx (flysky) in and all works, but battery life drops quickly. I tried some Rayovac rechargeable NIMH, and they work OK, but still drop fairly quickly. After recharging just flying a couple models 3-4 times each pretty much needs a recharge. (V929 quad and nano cpx are what I'm currently flying).

I'm concerned when I did the diode mod if I messed anything up as the diode came out completely (sort of by accident - too much heat), then I just bridged the gap. The other mod (module) went smoothly.
You likely didn't hurt anything with the range mod as long as it was a clean bridge and nothing else was hurt, it's just using more power. If you still have issues after upgrading power source, then I'd suspect the 911 module. I use a 1500mah 2S cell from HK, got two and rotate them...but one lasts me all day pretty much. Scroll down the link to see what/how.
Fyathyrio is online now Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My "bright" idea! :)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:11 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,259 Posts
The original RF module inside my 7E died (walkera and DSM stuff, range went down to 5ft) about 3 months after the range mod. I guess the PA was cooked and died over time running it at 150mW too long on 2S. I end up putting the 8S upgrade RF module (not pin to pin ready for 7E) inside. That is $15 on top of the $50 7E.

There is limited space inside my 7E (having the nRF2401 and A7105 as well). I actually fried the power rail inside my 7E when the 8S RF ground shield touched the power switch on closing the case by force after repair.

There is some risk involved.

If we can get a dev 10 at a good price, go for it. It should be easier to work on.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:23 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,983 Posts
Not only that but the 10 is overall a better TX, especially in terms of deadband on the main channels.
The 7E is great for what it is but if you have the cash and the hands... go for a 10.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 02:21 PM
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcboosted View Post
What's the cheapest place to get a 7e? I found it on ebay for around $62. Anything better?
I just got one from Tmart a few days ago. It came out to $57 with a 5%off coupon that I found on the net and it was shipped from the US so it got here pretty quick. It came in the original box and was even the newer model with the smoky black buttons instead of the cheap looking silver color buttons that were on the earlier ones.
Jerm357 is offline Find More Posts by Jerm357
Last edited by Jerm357; Oct 28, 2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:46 PM
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
140 Posts
Can somebody please help me out with changing this Hubsan x4 model.ini? This model.ini has the Led's on the trim button and the no flip on the TH switch and all I want to do is change them around. I want the Led's on the TH switch and the no flip on the trim. Please some one help me out .

Below is the model.ini that I would like to change, Im using the 2nd one (he3d2d0a.ini)... http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/pro...start=20#12855

Also is there anyway to get the TX voltage to show on the screen with this model.ini?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Jerm357 is offline Find More Posts by Jerm357
Old Oct 29, 2014, 08:34 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm357 View Post
Can somebody please help me out with changing this Hubsan x4 model.ini? This model.ini has the Led's on the trim button and the no flip on the TH switch and all I want to do is change them around. I want the Led's on the TH switch and the no flip on the trim. Please some one help me out .

Below is the model.ini that I would like to change, Im using the 2nd one (he3d2d0a.ini)... http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/pro...start=20#12855

Also is there anyway to get the TX voltage to show on the screen with this model.ini?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
I started out with these ini's too, and I probably worked on them a month! On my Devo 7E I have installed the two 3-way switches as SW A and SW B. TH (left 2-way switch) is used only for Throttle Hold (so it doesn't activate a channel, just cuts the output from the throttle channel), SW A turns on the lights (activates channel 5), SW B sets the low (SW B0 position is 60%), medium (SW B1 position is 80%) and high (SW B2 position is 100%) rates for throttle, rudder, E and A, and FMODE puts the bird into flip mode (activates channel 6 if SW B is in medium or high rates).

I left the trim switches working because I am still not fully skilled with virtual channels and such -- and it does what I want so why mess with it any further? This works great with my Proto X as well as other Hubsan devices.

There is a lot to be learned about this programming, and I hope this is helpful.
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC