Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyv View Post
http://youtu.be/sCdnJhsJqD4

I love this kk2 board!
DonnyV, excellent video.

Very kind of you in give us the PI settings.

It would be great if you could tell us the the KV of the motors, the propellers size, the distances between motors and the AUW....

Thank you very much in advance.
faccan is offline Find More Posts by faccan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, MI, Morrice
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
I imagine that drift of any sort is usually one of two things:
- gyros not calibrated properly, this could come from moving the copter while the gyros are initializing / calibrating
- not enough "I" gain

Let us know what fixed it so that we can pass info along. (This goes for all problems. )

Also, I can imagine that the unequal length of your arms could result in different power applied for leveling which might be fighting the yawing.

Also, also, ideally you would measure all the motor distances and angles from the CG and use some trig to come up with slightly different numbers to go into the mixer editor.
I did calibrate the ESC's with no noticable difference, but after I went to bed I realized that the power wires on the M2 to M4 ESC's were not connected. Does this matter? If not, my next step is to increase the I gain.
Stock settings were used after the 1.5 flash. I did try to increase the I gain on 1.2 but no luck there either.
VENOMOUSDUCKY is offline Find More Posts by VENOMOUSDUCKY
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, MI, Morrice
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
I just mounted it were it looked like it was built to go. It flys nicely with the cg centered on the board. My only problem is the yaw drift. I hopefully will have this figured out this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
This is the alternative as mentioned, i.e. center of lift (not a lot of difference). If it is nose heavy it will nose down when you gas it straight up and vise versa for tail heavy.
VENOMOUSDUCKY is offline Find More Posts by VENOMOUSDUCKY
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:02 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,269 Posts
...y4 #@##$

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Forget about Y4. Yaw authority is horrible.
Same here ! Y4 yaw is slower than a snail...build a v-tail or Y6 instead...just a suggestion.Happy wkend !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x boomtwist one project
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:33 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
A wild guess is that you don't have enough "I" gain on yaw. That is exactly what "I" gain is for.
Yes. And dont forget the limits. It is my understanding the limit controls the percentage of power dedicated to each function. If anyone can explain exactly what it does I would love to hear it. On my first quad I had these issues, as well as the climb and descend when yawing. High P,I and limit on the yaw function will help cure the issue if it is not a physical problem. Increase all until it starts to climb when yawing and then back them off a little also increase stick scaling on yaw as well. You probably wont get any yaw oscilation from High "P" gain, when the "I" gets too high you may notice the 2 of the motors rev quite high when you resease the rudder stick and the quad will climb a little. If the quad climbs quickly when yawing, the limit may be a little too high. Give that a crack and let us know how you go.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Rain, rain and more rain

Pretty much at the time I turned my Tx on yesterday it started raining. I would be happy to swap our weather for a little snow, any of you yanks got some spare?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:23 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Pretty much at the time I turned my Tx on yesterday it started raining. I would be happy to swap our weather for a little snow, any of you yanks got some spare?
you guy's down there if it ain't burning yur drowning.
8 pack day here on the left coast of Canada
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:31 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I guess we need a flying submarine...lol

Quote:
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Its a long weekend here too..... i am so bored. everything is tuned and ready to fly. had to give the credit card to the wife so it doesn't become an expensive long weekend and yep... at least the rain put the fires out for now.... just had a thought, wonder if I can wrap the quad in cling film ?? would be like a red neck flying sub.. lol
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:28 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Been really dry here for the past couple of months.
Sounds like you guys down under need to buy an Aquacopter.

http://aquacopters.gostorego.com/
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:10 PM
USA, IL, Tinley Park
Joined Oct 2009
30 Posts
Wher can I get information on how to modify the program for the kk2 or is there anybody that knows jow to write code that would like to embark on a project that I think would be cool. let me know we can pm or email and discuss my ideas and see how possible they are.
frogs84ss is offline Find More Posts by frogs84ss
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:22 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Source code is in the zip file with the firmware, AVR Studio 6 can be downloaded for free. Code isn't straight forward, but it's not something that can't be understood with the right background and a little but of time. If you want to briefly explain you idea there are a number here that could tell you if it hold water.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:52 AM
Joined Apr 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Sounds like you might have three props of one type and 1 of the other...

err... vibrations? Got any of them?
What are your YAW PID settings (i.e. all of them)?
You've checked the tracking on your props? all good?

Not sure it makes a difference on KK2 but in your TX what's your gyro set to? above half way or below half way... (not that I think my KK2 actually cares about rate or HH modes like a heli does).
My Yaw P Settings are 90 ,P limit is 100 , I is 0,
All the props have come from the same pack of props as it is...
what is the tracking on my props????...
I have somewhat solved the problem of the inadvertent yaw by using trims ,But now I have a problem with the quad gaining height when I apply yaw control using my sticks...when I yaw to the right the quad gains height but when I try to yaw keft It does not ...all it does is nicely yaw to the left...what I see here is the natural tendency of the craft to yaw to the left....I tried to decrease the stick sensitivity on the yaw axis and this again solved this problem somehow, but then yawing to the right became very difficult.... I thought some pro users here could help me with this problem by suggesting some changes in the mixer editor offset settings....(I used the offset settings to offset the tail servo on my tri-copter to provide better yaw compensation)...but here the situation is different as on a tricopter only the servo is used to control yaw so changing the offset there would help me with the yaw axis ...but on a quad two motors are used at a time to yaw...so I will have to change the offset setting on both of them..So I am experimenting and stumbling....I flashed my esc's with the latest simonk release(2012 -09-10)....and then tried to see the difference by flashing the wii-esc firmware...I am yet to derive any conclusions from these tests...so i will most probably post a video illustrating my problems..........
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Last edited by Akcopter; Jan 26, 2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
A wild guess is that you don't have enough "I" gain on yaw. That is exactly what "I" gain is for.
Thanks
I will try that cliff...
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:55 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
All the props have come from the same pack of props as it is...
Umm... you do have CW and CCW propellers ... right???
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104