SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:45 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Sep 2006
21 Posts
Tags 01

Although not much out there on the JR Tags 01, I like the simplicity. Currently using on a Thunder Tiger G4 electric, x50 electric and just finished a 600 pro. Good for 500 size heli and above due to the room needed as it needs the receiver, no satellites. Although you can adjust through downloadable software, I found that it works great through all radio setting. If you need a con, the only thing I do not like (not a big deal) is you need to bind and do basic servo direction setup while servos are directly plugged into the reciever. After that you unplug and plug them into the on board controller. From that point forward you calibrate ( easy) continue with setup (collective pitch, cyclic pitch degrees) easy
Make sure direction of swash is tilting correctly, then adjust accordingly using you radio. Read the instruction manual , this is only a brief overview, also check out recommended servos. The beast is also good as mentioned earlier. I can't comment on any other as I have only used 3gx, beast, tags01. I fly mild 3d, scale/sport.
lzfalcon is offline Find More Posts by lzfalcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Hi Guys!! I just want to ask y'all if you can direct me to a good website for setting up a HeliCommand HC3 SX. I just bought one last week and haven't received it yet in the mail. I'm hoping to get all my ducks in a row before it gets here so i can get it going soon. The setup is for a T-rex 600 that's going to be implanted in an Airwolf fuselage by Heliartist. This is going to be my first scale heli and i wish not to make a big mistake. Thanks in advanced for your help, Mike..
SteelHeadz is offline Find More Posts by SteelHeadz
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:06 PM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
889 Posts
There is a thread on Helifreak you may find useful.

http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
151 Posts
For helicopter,bgl 3-axis gyro recommended,I'm not sure which one is better,but excellent stability and good tail lock function could be a feature of this flybarless unit,for airplane,3G-A unit couldn't be more than better.
bigaoleamy is offline Find More Posts by bigaoleamy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks for your response. It's exactly what i'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
There is a thread on Helifreak you may find useful.

http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Thanks for your input. Yes, it's got good reviews on stability and tail hold capabilities both for a novice flier and an expert 3d pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaoleamy View Post
For helicopter,bgl 3-axis gyro recommended,I'm not sure which one is better,but excellent stability and good tail lock function could be a feature of this flybarless unit,for airplane,3G-A unit couldn't be more than better.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:57 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Anyone heard of the fairly new Black Widow 3 axis gyro. Or have any information on it ???
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:21 AM
Will fly for food.
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Jul 2002
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Anyone heard of the fairly new Black Widow 3 axis gyro. Or have any information on it ???
Black Widow and RoBird G31 are the same units, different packaging.
Jonathan Ott is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott