HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:25 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
I just bought a Roxie video capture device. I bought the one for a Mac, works perfect, & will record till the hardrive is full. I let it record for 2 hours, gave me a 13 gig file. Drops right into iMovie.
There is a small delay in the screen, I wouldn't use it to fly w/ unless I had too, but it records great, & records static.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Tiel, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
252 Posts
Emprex BPR 101 freeze menu.

Hi,

Since yesterday I have an Emprex BPR-101 recorder with 60GB HD.
It did work until today. So not a long time.

It does start up and went to the selection menu. But weren't able to move the cursor on the screen. Not with the push buttons and not with the remote.

I tried to format the HDD. After that it said if i want to format the HDD Yes/NO but still no movement on the screen.

Can't find the problem. Tried several thing but nothing.

Maybe new firmware will help but can't find any :S.

I hope someone can help me.

It's possible to send it back but probably I won't get a new one because they are out of stock.

Maybe it's not a prefect thing but it's more for backup video.

Thanks.
TurboCinqy is offline Find More Posts by TurboCinqy
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:58 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
Do you know from which country is sent the AV25? I am interested to buy it from EU, not USA or Asia.
AV25 is sent from USA (North Carolina) or from London depending of buyer location. This was the sales answer.
JXD 318 I think is sent only from China.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old May 02, 2012, 07:46 AM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
I finally uploaded a video;
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqj...film-fpv_sport
but my computer is a bit slow at the moment full of bugs,,, well it is Spring can you tell me if it comes out well on yours ?,
it is better quality viewing on my TV,,,,,
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Last edited by paulinfrance; May 02, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:14 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
I looking like an old VHS recording. But I think is enough to find some place where your bird were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
JXD 318 I think is sent only from China.
318 is no longer produced.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old May 02, 2012, 01:01 PM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Hello,

Here is a test of CarbonBird Black box available on multiwiicopter.com
CarbonBird Black-Box + Light FPV Ground Station Demo (2 min 2 sec)

Gregory
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
Old May 02, 2012, 01:16 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
I made this case for the Foxtech DV-1 before I knew they sold one already in a case.

wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old May 03, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Here's another video but this time YouTube,
fpv vol dans mon quartier mp3 (2 min 42 sec)

You will see that the OSD moves about this is not on the original video but on the YouTube upload it gave an option to 'steady up' the video which i shouldn't have done,,,,,
Old May 03, 2012, 03:31 PM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Jun 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance View Post
Here's another video but this time YouTube,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8CrYtIC6YE

You will see that the OSD moves about this is not on the original video but on the YouTube upload it gave an option to 'steady up' the video which i shouldn't have done,,,,,
Hi paulinfrance, I saw your videos made with AV25 recorder, for the price I think it's good for my intended use (FPV flight record). Please can you confirm if all cables needed are supplied with it?
And more, please what about loss of radio signal? Stop to record or continue (of course with snow effect) and then automatically restart to record ?
Thanks, Carlo
carlonb is offline Find More Posts by carlonb
Old May 04, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Hi, carlonb,
it comes with;
1, an USB cable for downloading to your computer, to charge the battery (also with a 220v twin flat pin plug)
2, a cable with 3 rca plugs 1 red 1 white and 1 yellow to a Trs connector
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector ) for your video and sound which can also be used for watching your video on TV or a 12v screen,
3, a male male Trs cable.
4, an earphone with again the Trs plug,
5, An USB with a tiny plug for charging
I have just tried out a couple of things, when recording i unplugged the planes camera and it kept on recording (a black picture) i also changed the 1.3 mhz receiver from frequency 'h' to '9' and to 'c' channels and it just kept on going (like American cars in American films )
Old May 04, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
paulinfrance,

I am highly insulted by your disregard for our bigger, superior American cars and films! I challenge you to a race!!

Does Vimeo still offer the option to download the original video file? Could you post one there or somewhere to see what the original looks like?

Also, could you open it with Avidemux (open source video editor) and under Tools use the Bitrate Histogram to tell us the maximum and average bitrates? For instance, a #11 keychain shows 6552 and an old SanDisk Vmate shows 3722.

Thanks, Mark
mark963 is offline Find More Posts by mark963
Last edited by mark963; May 04, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old May 04, 2012, 03:21 PM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Jun 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance View Post
Hi, carlonb,
it comes with;
1, an USB cable for downloading to your computer, to charge the battery (also with a 220v twin flat pin plug)
2, a cable with 3 rca plugs 1 red 1 white and 1 yellow to a Trs connector
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector ) for your video and sound which can also be used for watching your video on TV or a 12v screen,
3, a male male Trs cable.
4, an earphone with again the Trs plug,
5, An USB with a tiny plug for charging
I have just tried out a couple of things, when recording i unplugged the planes camera and it kept on recording (a black picture) i also changed the 1.3 mhz receiver from frequency 'h' to '9' and to 'c' channels and it just kept on going (like American cars in American films )
Hi, Paulinfrance
Thanks very much for your prompt and exaustive answers.
I will buy it soon

About American Cars.... can this recorder run without power supply/without battery...ha..ha...ha..
Ciao, Carlo
carlonb is offline Find More Posts by carlonb
Old May 06, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark963 View Post
paulinfrance,

I am highly insulted by your disregard for our bigger, superior American cars and films! I challenge you to a race!!

Does Vimeo still offer the option to download the original video file? Could you post one there or somewhere to see what the original looks like?

Also, could you open it with Avidemux (open source video editor) and under Tools use the Bitrate Histogram to tell us the maximum and average bitrates? For instance, a #11 keychain shows 6552 and an old SanDisk Vmate shows 3722.

Thanks, Mark
I don't use Vimeo only Dailymotion and my first video on youtube, my videos on Dailymotion although most are HD they don't come out too well on my computer as they are too 'heavy', so i am switching to youtube where you can selection the frame-rate,,,,,
Yes it does come with it's own internal battery, so what i have done is connected it to it's a separate 1.3 ghz receiver.

I will post one original one this morning,,,

don't ask me what Avidemux etc,,,,,, is all about i have NO idea,,,, but i am ordering a new computer so if anyone out there can advise me on programs to modify videos it would be appreciated,,,,,

If it's sunny i don't mind a drag race with my 'British' car,,,,,,

Short video showing my 'ground' station MP3 recorder (2 min 16 sec)

100 %
100 %
Last edited by paulinfrance; May 06, 2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Video update included
Old May 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
Avidemux is a free program available at:

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/
http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/download.html

It's used for changing video formats, applying filters, etc.
VirtualDub is another program you can find online that does basic clipping, filtering, re-compressing, too. That's about where my video skills end.

If that isn't your cup of tea, could you tell us what the original file ends in - .avi, .mpg, etc. and how big one is in bytes and how it plays for? If windows recognizes the format, you can even just right click on the file and bring up the properties. If it has the frame width, height, data rate, frame rate, etc that would be great.

It's been a few years since I drove a British car, but I remember how they only start on sunny days. Maybe when the weather is nice, we can race.
mark963 is offline Find More Posts by mark963
Old May 07, 2012, 07:30 AM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark963 View Post
Avidemux is a free program available at:

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/
http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/download.html

It's used for changing video formats, applying filters, etc.
VirtualDub is another program you can find online that does basic clipping, filtering, re-compressing, too. That's about where my video skills end.

If that isn't your cup of tea, could you tell us what the original file ends in - .avi, .mpg, etc. and how big one is in bytes and how it plays for? If windows recognizes the format, you can even just right click on the file and bring up the properties. If it has the frame width, height, data rate, frame rate, etc that would be great.

It's been a few years since I drove a British car, but I remember how they only start on sunny days. Maybe when the weather is nice, we can race.
Thanks for your reply, my video experience is only watching them,,,,
I don't know what they are but the above one 'should' be MP3,
By the way it is (nearly) always sunny here Even at night,,,,