HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2015, 05:00 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2010
951 Posts
Question
Modeltech(?) Angel 2000 2M Glider

Hi, I recently ran across a still-in-the-box "2M Angel 2000 Thermal Glider" at a 2nd hand store. 2 channel rudder & elevator control. No radio gear included(not a problem). See picture below.

It's priced at only $18.00. The issue is taking up space in my dinky house with yet another 2M glider(I have 2 already).

Yes, I've already built 4 woody gliders for thermal flying from "real" kits, all modified a LOT.

This one has foam core wings with balsa covering and cut-out holes for weight, it needs to have covering added, the fusalage is balsa box-construction.

The wing is simple dihedral(not polyhedral) 2 piece wing joined by a metal/wire approx 1/8" thick in the middle of the thickest "highpoint" section of the wing and a thinner approx 1/16" thick wire toward the trailing edge. The airfoil is flatbottomed with no phillips entry sorta thick, slow and floaty looking.

The Vert Stab looks a bit too small to my eye, I'd build a new one. I'd also make the tailfeathers removable for transport, put internal rubber band wing-hold-down dowels inside the fusalage (not sticking outside like most), I'd also add spoilers.

I'd consider adding ailerons but I don't know if this glider flies fast enough to really make ailerons very effective(it seems to have enough dihedral for rudder induced steering)

By "my" standards it looks like an "OK" glider(more of a beginner's "trainer"), not high performance, but not a total "pig" either. Sorta cool looking too.

??? Does anyone know anything about this glider?
??? Does anyone have one and do you like it or not like it??

Thanks - Paul
Pauliwog is offline Find More Posts by Pauliwog
Last edited by Pauliwog; Feb 14, 2015 at 05:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2015, 06:15 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2010
951 Posts
Never mind.........

I snoozed, and I losed. I know that's not grammatically correct but you get the idea. Someone else bought it out from under me. Good for them.

Adios - Paul
Pauliwog is offline Find More Posts by Pauliwog