HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:12 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchuuu View Post
What is the size of the ball links on this plane? Thank you.
2mm, but I don't know where you would get them outside of Extreme Flight.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:33 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,166 Posts
Dubro has them. I will see if I can find my pacage and post the part number.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:42 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,802 Posts
Link to Dudro 2mm ball link
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:35 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,614 Posts
Those are great but it's not the same ball link. It's identical to the ball links that come on the 60" planes, though.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:39 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,802 Posts
It's a 2mm ball link. What's the difference? <---that's an actual question not a snide remark
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:01 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1,166 Posts
That's right those are for the 60. But i do have some that will work on the 48. You can get them from your local hobby town USA . They will have to order them. Here is the part number. They are for there new slick.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 08:32 AM
Joined Aug 2014
34 Posts
Doc, Gregertman and Liberty Thank you for the help.

I put the shaft to the rear of the plane on the elevator servo (HS85MG) and it appears the pushrod is too long which is why it bottomed out and ruined the ball link. Anyone else have this issue? Should I put the servo spline toward the front of the plane instead?
Atchuuu is offline Find More Posts by Atchuuu
Old Feb 24, 2015, 09:05 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1,166 Posts
If its not to short when turned around. Then that's ok to do.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 01:20 AM
mvallyman
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
I just received my new EF Extra 48" with 2814/820 motor and Airboss 45 elite ESC combo
and 12x6E APC. The motor will go to full throttle then either pulse or shut down after a few seconds of running, if I put throttle stick down it will start running again and repeat the same issue. Battery is a 2650 mah 20C-30C and fully charged, I tried several batts.
I tried the "reset to default settings" on the Airboss ESC as I had read here in an earlier post but that didn't help anything. I tried a friends Castle Creations Edge lite 50 ESC and all is fine.
Do I need to call Extreme flight about this or is there something else I should try?
mvallyman is online now Find More Posts by mvallyman
Old Feb 25, 2015, 02:26 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,885 Posts
I'd guess calling Extreme Flight wont harm...
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Feb 25, 2015, 05:26 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvallyman View Post
I just received my new EF Extra 48" with 2814/820 motor and Airboss 45 elite ESC combo
and 12x6E APC. The motor will go to full throttle then either pulse or shut down after a few seconds of running, if I put throttle stick down it will start running again and repeat the same issue. Battery is a 2650 mah 20C-30C and fully charged, I tried several batts.
I tried the "reset to default settings" on the Airboss ESC as I had read here in an earlier post but that didn't help anything. I tried a friends Castle Creations Edge lite 50 ESC and all is fine.
Do I need to call Extreme flight about this or is there something else I should try?
Yeah, I'd give EF a call about that one.
As good as the Airboss is, they are not immune to the rare dud now and then, like any other electronic device.
Rare but it happens, and it sounds like that might be the case here. (Assuming the ESC isn't blocked from all air and 'a few seconds' isn't really '120+ seconds' at WOT )
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:25 AM
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
1,913 Posts
Have you tried looking at the bullets on the ESC-side? If you have a bullet where the solder is weak, it might act funny until you wiggle wires on it...or if you completely change the ESC (like you did)- the motor might respond normally....like it did. Just a thought, and you can try this immediately.
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:40 AM
mvallyman
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
I tried to wiggle the connectors to motor and battery while running it and made no difference. After 5 seconds of running at full speed and let it shut down the connectors are cool but the ESC is a little warmer than my hand, when I do this with the Castle Creations ESC, the ESC stays cool. Called Extreme flight, after asking me questions he said to send it in.
I hope the turn-around is fast, this is a bit disappointing
mvallyman is online now Find More Posts by mvallyman
Old Feb 25, 2015, 02:20 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
1,913 Posts
This is the first ESC issue I can recall with the Airboss. Customer service is a hallmark here- you'll get taken care of- I'm certain of it.
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Feb 25, 2015, 02:30 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
1,127 Posts
Maybe you can borrow the castle and use it so you are able to fly until the new esx comes back? Not very hard to swap out when it comes. If you are like me I would be chomping at the bit to get it in the air. I am right now with another plane I am waiting on service for a part.
sr175 is offline Find More Posts by sr175