HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 10:51 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,715 Posts
The X10+ can accept a redundant receiver (Nano or RFU), and it does select between the two of them.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:39 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The X10+ can accept a redundant receiver (Nano or RFU), and it does select between the two of them.
we know (we're big fans )... but at the moment it doesn't output the results into a single serial stream, which is the origin of the idea: two RX's outputting serial streams, X10 does the redundancy thing and turns it into a single serial stream for some other flight controller. The added thought I had would be if an RFU can take the input through its telemetry port to daisy chain them and let RFU's do the double redundancy thing itself.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Today, 01:42 PM
Joined Jul 2014
4 Posts
I have 1.5 firmware for the 10+. Purchased around a month ago. I bought the 2 X8Rs a month apart but both have a build stamped on them of 5/15/14.

I have not been using a twisted connector cable yet because I was waiting to determine layout in plane to determine length of cables to order. I am using heavy duty flat style cable and have tried several different ones. Polarity is correct.

I am working at bench so odds of interference being introduced thru cable seem slim. Unless it is from flourescent lights.

I have used 6.6 volt A123 battery and both 4.8 and 6 volt nicads. I have tried both $20 analoug and $100 digital servos. Always same result.

I should point out also that all settings on gyro are neutral, no gain or other settings and it is simply passing SBUS signal thru.

If you think not having twisted cables could be causing this during bench testing please let me know. Perhaps it just needs reflashing?

I have XPD software and serial link cable but do not see anyway to reflash 10+.

In fact all you can do with that setup is set channel mapping, failsafe, servo position and direction. It would be nice to be able to set programming mode and input mode as well as auxillary port from computer software and serial link as well. Future additions.

I will try and get video of my servos dancing across my workbench while 10+ is connected directly to X8Rand post it.

I am in no way implying that there is a fundamental problem with the 10+, only that I am having a problem and would like to figure it out. I love it for what it can do. Being able to use non sbus servos with sbus is huge! I have already made the decision to use the 10+ with X8R but that is only because my issue goes away when run thru a 3rd party SBUS device.

Please no one cancel orders because I am having what is probably an isolated incident.
Hayacuda1300 is offline Find More Posts by Hayacuda1300
Last edited by Hayacuda1300; Today at 01:49 PM.