Its open now
wippo76 is online now Find More Posts by wippo76
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2014, 01:20 PM
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
Hi Strong,
I have a Problem running my v-tail glider:
Operation with FY-Dos not involved is ok.(ch1 and ch2 of rx used)
Inserting FY-DOS (ail and elev. connected to ch1 and ch2 of rx, servos connected to S1 and S2) works ok in stabilized mode, but in Manual mode only one tail-surface mo ves for right/left or up/dn and both are in verted.
Do you have a solution?
Regards,
Bopa
Bopa is offline Find More Posts by Bopa
Old Jun 24, 2014, 06:18 AM
FPV 20Km
Portugal, Faro
Joined Dec 2011
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopa View Post
Hi Strong,
I have a Problem running my v-tail glider:
Operation with FY-Dos not involved is ok.(ch1 and ch2 of rx used)
Inserting FY-DOS (ail and elev. connected to ch1 and ch2 of rx, servos connected to S1 and S2) works ok in stabilized mode, but in Manual mode only one tail-surface mo ves for right/left or up/dn and both are in verted.
Do you have a solution?
Regards,
Bopa
Reverses these channels in the radio with all connected in manual mode
lbarreiro is offline Find More Posts by lbarreiro
Old Jul 11, 2014, 01:21 AM
Helper
Joined Jul 2011
72 Posts
Windows 8 USB driver

http://leftbraintinkering.blogspot.s...03-device.html
drifter1949 is offline Find More Posts by drifter1949
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:01 PM
Bristol, UK
Joined Feb 2005
113 Posts
Is there a golden rule for channel reversal? i.e. if its reversed in the radio, it should be reversed in the PC software too?

It seems, reading previous posts, that the only way to know if a channel needs to be reversed is if your plane loses control when switched into RTH mode :facepalm:
kybert is offline Find More Posts by kybert
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:14 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,254 Posts
They need to be reversed in the PC and radio.

Put the DOS in manual mode, and make sure your radio is controlling the surfaces correctly. Then put the DOS in stabilization mode and move the plane though its 3 axiss and make sure the controls move the correct way to counter the planes movements.

If you point the plane up the elevator should go down. If you turn the plane right, the right aileron should move down. If you yaw right the rudder should go opposite direction. Make these adjustments in the PC and save to the DOS unit. And or read the manual as its all in the manual.

It very simple and relatively straight forward.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Jul 26, 2014, 01:09 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
166 Posts
I doubt reversing in radio and the controller will work. As far as I have tested and experiment ONLY one change works. When reversing in 2 places, the sesond reverse will change back the effect of the first change .... MEANS NOCHANGE. Whatsoever, verify the physical effect on aileron etc.... after the first change.
betibeau is offline Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Jul 26, 2014, 06:50 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by betibeau View Post
I doubt reversing in radio and the controller will work. As far as I have tested and experiment ONLY one change works. When reversing in 2 places, the sesond reverse will change back the effect of the first change .... MEANS NOCHANGE. Whatsoever, verify the physical effect on aileron etc.... after the first change.
They are independent in nature so they both need to be set correctly. I have setup 15 planes with DOS units. Make sure it all works manually, then do the reversing if needed in stabilization mode then go fly.

U need to setup the DOS when in stabilization mode as in RTH mode the DOS unit is trying to navigate the plane home left or right so not a good way to test the DOS settings.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk