HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,651 Posts
Seeing the conversation about this HiTec HS-7115TH servo I thought I’d order one up from our warehouse and have a look-see for myself. Nice little unit. I’ve got no problems with the HiTec servos in general as the HS-65HBs are the ones that cured aileron flutter on my Sunracer (along with mini heli ball linkages) and I’m using one on the elevator in my Viper – over 100 flights no problem (sorry, bragging again!).

Anyway, the “7115” is nice. I fit one of the two included servo arms onto the splined output shaft and felt a little free play, but apparently it was just between the arm and the splines—not in the gear train. When I inserted and tightened the servo arm screw the free play disappeared. Same with the servo powered up – no free play that I can detect.

Wow! The servo is rather long though. Cannot say for sure, but it would probably be a little tight (span-wise) in the wing of my Viper, but I’m quite certain it would fit. It sure is slim though – only 8.25mm by my measurement.

It came with a piece of double-sided tape stuck to one side, but I have no idea what this is for. Maybe just to keep it from bouncing around in the package?

Well, here’s a couple of photos. For size reference alongside a Futaba R617FS receiver and one of the Viper aileron servo covers I molded for sebbe. It also came with a nice little mounting frame and screws—the servo sits flush with the bottom of the frame, so it doesn’t take up any more space (height-wise).

Here’s a link to the page for this servo on the Tower Hobbies site. You can view the specs for yourself;

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBCKY&P=7

Nice-looking servo. I’d use it in any of my speed planes.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:16 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
After seeing that servo cover,i am thinking Sebbe will not be getting much sleep tell he gets his hands on them Nice work Tim.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
822 Posts
Looks like the fancy hitecs are good for 2s without a regulator. So save $25 on a bec while also eliminating some failure points. Tower has $15 off and free shipping if you buy two. More expensive than $20 cheapies, but not as bad as it seems.
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:10 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Tim, that new Hitec servo looks nice, BUT my cover looks better , when looking at the picture I could only see that cover, hehe ,,,, what servo ???

I can agree, Hitec servos are usaually good, my hs-65hb:s I have are sloopfree, all of them, even the ones sitting in planes for 2-3 years, no play or sloop and centers well. I AGREE, very good and reliable servos that are...

Damn how nice those covers are, steeling the attention of the picture to much, I cant see that servo
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:16 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
By the way, has anyone tried the:
Hyperion atlas HP-DS11-SCB, good ?

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-11...l-Servo/Detail
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Oct 2008
473 Posts
+1
I have them in Reverb wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post

Nice-looking servo. I’d use it in any of my speed planes.

Tim
miche is offline Find More Posts by miche
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Sebbe,is that your arm in that new avatar ??????
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Sebbe,is that your arm in that new avatar ??????
Yepp, been training for 23 years, +20 inches around the arm, I weigh 250 pounds now, and benchpress 440pounds .....

BUT it wont help me to fly as good as you ..

Sebbe
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Yepp, been training for 23 years, +20 inches around the arm, I weigh 250 pounds now, and benchpress 440pounds .....

BUT it wont help me to fly as good as you ..

Sebbe
DAAAAAAAMN ! Nice specs....I am into working out,and big time into cycling,but for sure not close to your regiment......But there is now one big problem,now that i have seen those GUNS of yours-everytime i see one of your posts,i will now think off this commercial (i hope you know i am just playin,don't want you to crush me like a bug)
Planet Fitness TV ad 2011 -- I lift things up and put them down. (0 min 30 sec)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:09 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
HAHA ,,,, but if I tell you , I have an exam as Electrical Engineer, then maybee you could NOT think of me as a dumd ass

Who said BIG = dumb, dont you know training makes you clever , its drugs that makes you stupid.....

Doug, did you see what Marcus wrote, I will be the first one to test his new 10x23 and 11x22 props , he made them slimmer in root for less drag, ONLY +10KW of power
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
HAHA ,,,, but if I tell you , I have an exam as Electrical Engineer, then maybee you could NOT think of me as a dumd ass

Who said BIG = dumb, dont you know training makes you clever , its drugs that makes you stupid.....

Doug, did you see what Marcus wrote, I will be the first one to test his new 10x23 and 11x22 props , he made them slimmer in root for less drag, ONLY +10KW of power
LOL,i know,that is why i said i was playing .....I happen to know the guy that played the part in that commercial,he is my x-roomate from many years ago ....many years back,he was Mr Scandinavia,or something like that...for the life of me i can not remember his last name,but his first name is VIGO,very smart guy....and yes,i got a look at the post from Marcus I to have some more props coming from him next week for my Pyro.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
cool man, he was a really well traied dude for sure......

Yepp, its fun playing with new props. looking forward to read about the future of pyro and new testings