Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:24 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
Discussion
Making appeals on banned members behalf.

I see Murcoflyer has made an appeal for a banned member to be allowed back. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1601376
The member he is appealing for is Init4fun, personally I would be happy to see him back as well, apart from his final altercation with the management he was a nice guy.
Well to me anyway.

There are others, well one mostly who I don't want to see back, the Sock smeller pursuivant can rot in RChell as far as I am concerned which I see he is doing.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:00 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
I'd like to see Init' back, too. He had a difference of opinion, but unfortunately didn't know when to fold 'em. The permaban seems a bit Draconian.

On the second point: yes, we are doing well without the J Team, thankyou very much...

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:48 AM View Post
HappyKillmore
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:34 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,802 Posts
I'll use my super secret password and handshake. He will be back by the end of the day Perhaps I can use my super secret affiliated vendors power?

Won'T, , , , That BE fun! ! ! ! ! eeeeeeeeeek

Talk about a classic case of "you are responsible for your own actions" and then try to blame everyone else.

Woteva.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:48 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,802 Posts
As for Murcoflier and bradpaul. Leave me out of your little site squabbles thank you. If you intend quoting what I did in Chucks Case at least quote what transpired correctly, there were no PM's and you know it. I would have done exactly the same for sgtdirt (or infact anyone else), but unfortunately he was not incorrectly infracted just as init4something wasn't incorrectly banned regardless of him being a good bloke or not.

Cheers and beers, Mark
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:02 AM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
As for Murcoflier and bradpaul. Leave me out of your little site squabbles thank you. If you intend quoting what I did in Chucks Case at least quote what transpired correctly, there were no PM's and you know it. I would have done exactly the same for sgtdirt (or infact anyone else), but unfortunately he was not incorrectly infracted just as init4something wasn't incorrectly banned regardless of him being a good bloke or not.

Cheers and beers, Mark
No way having too much fun ........ after all you have the fallback to:
Quote:
'll use my super secret password and handshake. He will be back by the end of the day Perhaps I can use my super secret affiliated vendors power?
I enjoyed your little post in SSC telling Jim to keep the moderation as is.... perhaps a little too obvious.

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:18 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,802 Posts
Where did I say moderation Brad? I simply passed a comment that I think RCG provides a fantastic service to anyone and everyone. A lot seem to be complaining about ads, banners, new format etc, I don't see the problem with them so why change anything? If you want to read something more into that, fill your boots but don't sign off with my name and imply something that simply isn't there.

here is what I posted:

Quote:
RCG, don't do anything different, This is one of the best sites around. Considering the broad spectrum of user nationalities and the difficulties that can raise when trying to provide the service you do, and it is a service, I say you are doing just fine.

Best wishes. Mark Smith
No one makes appeals on behalf of banned members. I have never seen it done before now.

Once again, leave me out of it thank you. If I choose to be involved, I will be involved.

Cheers. Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Feb 26, 2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:46 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpaul View Post
No way having too much fun ........ after all you have the fallback to:

I enjoyed your little post in SSC telling Jim to keep the moderation as is.... perhaps a little too obvious.

Brad
I agree with KCV on how the site operates. Keep it as it is. As for banned members? Why let them back? To reach that point, they have already proved OVER AND OVER again, and then again, that they simply refuse to stay within the ruleset here.

All ANYONE need do here is to keep their posts within the rules, which is actually very simple to accomplish.

Yet, more to the point, it really doesn't matter what WE as members think about the moderation.... It isn't our site or rules.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Last edited by wrightme; Feb 26, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Quote:
If I choose to be involved, I will be involved.

Cheers. Mark

Anybody want to comment on that logic?

Brad
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:53 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Last edited by wrightme; Feb 26, 2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: duplicate post...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:

Anybody want to comment on that logic?

Brad
Yes.

The logic is sound.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:57 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,972 Posts
Quote:
No one makes appeals on behalf of banned members. I have never seen it done before now.

Mark,

Not sure how you can say this when you posted this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=113

Quote:
The reporting system is not simply there to report an infraction, there are several options that allow a member to request review.

Again you can dance around the facts as much as you want. The reason Chuck had the infraction reversed was quite simply because I chose to ask the mods to review the infracted posts, along with the posts leading up to it, usng the valid available options in the existing reporting system.

Mark
You may consider using the report system as a "review" and not the official "appeal" process here on RCG but that is just semantics and parsing of words.

Appeal: an application or resort to another person or authority, esp a higher one, as for a decision or confirmation of a decision

Your requesting a "review" by using the report post option is the same as requesting an appeal, just because it was not done by the official RCG "appeal process" does not mean it was not an appeal for a banned member. The result was that the mod reviewed the decision and then reversed it. Reads to me like you "appealed" for another user, how else am I suppose to interpret those events?

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Yes.

The logic is sound.
If I choose (inset anything here), then I will be (insert same anything here)....

Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
If I choose (inset anything here), then I will be (insert same anything here)....

Yes. It seems you have some difference of opinion about it.

"If I choose to [eat lunch], I will [eat lunch]."

Simple, really.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Members can open appeals to review moderation of posts. I do believe that fits what happened. It does not appear to need to be done by the person who earned a warning point.
IMHO, that is not the same as "making appeals on banned members behalf." And, it is definitely not the same as posting to ask that banned members be allowed to return.

If a person gets a ban due to warning points that get overturned on appeal, then it wasn't really a ban. And, for the temp bans, it has been stated that the warned posts CAN be appealed after the poster returned.

If a person gets banned due to warning points that have no hope of getting overturned, let them rot somewhere. They have proved incapable of staying within the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Mark,

Not sure how you can say this when you posted this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=113

You may consider using the report system as a "review" and not the official "appeal" process here on RCG but that is just semantics and parsing of words.

Appeal: an application or resort to another person or authority, esp a higher one, as for a decision or confirmation of a decision

Your requesting a "review" by using the report post option is the same as requesting an appeal, just because it was not done by the official RCG "appeal process" does not mean it was not an appeal for a banned member. The result was that the mod reviewed the decision and then reversed it. Reads to me like you "appealed" for another user, how else am I suppose to interpret those events?

Don