HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:26 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Discussion
Creative Ways to Make Motor Mounts from Water Bottle

I moved to India and found this thread.

Mount the motor to a water botthe cap. Glue the top part of the bottle (with the threads) to the foamie. When you want to try a different motor, just use another cap with the second motor mounted, unscrew the old motor, screw the new one and you're done!
http://www.rcindia.org/tools-materia...ies/?topicseen

I reversed engineered ny Champ. With all the repairs and frequent disassembly, it's gone from a factory RTF to a nearly scratch buil foamie:
HobbyZone Champ with Skis Taking Off and Flying in Snowstorm HD (1 min 24 sec)
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
low tech high tech
Southern Vermont
Joined Feb 2007
3,028 Posts
Nice idea for the mount.

What did you do to that poor Champ... that is one sad lookin' puppy! Tell me your name isn't Sid?

Flies though.... :-)
vtdiy is offline Find More Posts by vtdiy
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:23 PM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdiy View Post
Nice idea for the mount.

What did you do to that poor Champ... that is one sad lookin' puppy! Tell me your name isn't Sid?

Flies though.... :-)
That Champ was my first RC plane so it took too many crashes but I'm still flying it with a new tail/rudder. I couldn't wait for the new part to arrive so cardboard was all I had.
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:41 PM
low tech high tech
Southern Vermont
Joined Feb 2007
3,028 Posts
Flying is the important part! You should have seen my first plane....

If you can find some foam fast food containers -- don't know if they are available in New Delhi, or foam dinner plates, they work well for repair material. But if cardboard keeps you flying and there's nothing else, then that's the best material there is.
vtdiy is offline Find More Posts by vtdiy