HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:26 AM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioFIN View Post
No, the RX is an option you can use in another (bigger) heli if you like.

As the matter of fact, it's not so comlicated. You don't NEED to swap modules for Syma or for the V911. You don't NEED any modding as long as you pick a version where the antenna is fixed to the module. And you don't NEED to flash it (= change the firmware to er9x.) .

You DO NEED to program it, the most important thing is setting the subtrim of throttle to at lest -30 and invert the aileron. As for other programming, like assigning throttle stop to a switch and rudder fine trim to a potentiometer, you can find templates easily wrom here.

Really is nothing to be afraid of, the programming is pretty straightforward as you larn to navigate the menus.
Oh the amount of typos... I was quite tired when writing this.

A little addition to above: you also don't NEED to program anything except the throttle subtrim and reversing the elevator (not the aileron as I posted above, sorry for that mistake). But it's nice to have throttle cut to operate with your left forefinger and a potentiometer with your right to fine tune the rudder trim. And/or anything you could possibly imagine to suit your style and improve your flying experience. You learn as you go.
ScorpioFIN is offline Find More Posts by ScorpioFIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:06 AM
Italy, Tuscany, Follonica
Joined Jun 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
How can you tell which is the nose or tail when flying at night?
volo notturno (3 min 6 sec)
enea 54 is online now Find More Posts by enea 54
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:19 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enea 54 View Post
your leds in a tube for right and left that way they can only be seen from the side they face straight on.

I have clear in the nose . Green facing right, Red facing left, and red on the tail,
now if the heli is facing toward you you only see white light. if it's facing away from you you only see red light ( this is because the side lights are in black tubes) now if the left is facing you you will see only red on the side and red on the rear . if the right side is facing you you will only see green on the side and red on the rear. You will see a trace of the front white light (except from the rear ) so you will always know where the front is.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:07 PM
13x
United States, ID, Malad City
Joined Dec 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
With which version of the 9X? It might be that the programming of the TX has changed somehow.
. I'm not sure which version it is Scorpio. I bought it from a member here. Its a fly sky th9x with the hard wired module
13x is offline Find More Posts by 13x
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, GA, Watkinsville
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Another tail motor.

But seriously, any motor that fits the motor mount would probably work.
Since this is my first and only RC Heli, I don't have the luxury of comparing different motors. That makes it extremely difficult for me to determine what does and doesn't fit, but thank you anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swing2harmony View Post
Order a tail motor with boom and you should get the Y911 tail assembly which looks like this. You'll need some CA debonder to get the old boom off. I'd highly recommend that you install it inverted if you're going for the trouble of getting the old glued boom off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioFIN View Post
Been using Helios motors, main and tail. A bit more power, but cheaper. I'm yet to see the durability though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay_Cat View Post
I bought the stock tail motor and soldered it back on. Took like 5 minutes.
Thanks for the feed back guys... much appreciated.
Happy Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Happy Flyer
Old Sep 11, 2013, 06:35 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enea 54 View Post
Nice work there, I especially like the led on the tail fin.
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Sep 12, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Sep 2013
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCA View Post
Y'all did everything except stop by the house and plug it in for me! The FlySky is on its way. Thanks.
While waiting for the FlySky I've been familiarizing myself with the 9xr. Lots of options. One thing I would like to do is keep the Mode1/2 working for indoor/outdoor flights. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Up to now the stock V911 Tx is the most complex radio I've operated.
SkyCA is offline Find More Posts by SkyCA
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:39 AM
Joined Aug 2013
11 Posts
My V911 has a lot of vibration,

Should I upgrade to a metal swashplate?
Sayf is offline Find More Posts by Sayf
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:59 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,198 Posts
"A lot of vibration" is a very vague description of your problem. Upgrading to a metal swashplate is probably jumping to conclusion.

Was your V911 flying smooth an one point. Did it start vibrating after a crash? Is it flyable?

Two things you should check first: (1) Are both of the flybar weights still present, and (2) Did the Swashplate separate. Those are the two most obvious causes. Other than that, you could have a broken pivot pin, a bent shaft, etc. It really takes some investigative work to determine the cause.

If you are able to show a video of it. Sometimes, experience owners could tell you what they see.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:37 AM
Joined Aug 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
"A lot of vibration" is a very vague description of your problem. Upgrading to a metal swashplate is probably jumping to conclusion.

Was your V911 flying smooth an one point. Did it start vibrating after a crash? Is it flyable?

Two things you should check first: (1) Are both of the flybar weights still present, and (2) Did the Swashplate separate. Those are the two most obvious causes. Other than that, you could have a broken pivot pin, a bent shaft, etc. It really takes some investigative work to determine the cause.

If you are able to show a video of it. Sometimes, experience owners could tell you what they see.
Hi,

Well I've read some stuff on the internet some upgrades, and that a metal swashplate fix's.

I've just got mine a few days ago, haven't crashed it, it was vibrating out of the box. I can normally fly it though, but the helicopter, the battery and all are vibrating a lot, or is that perhaps normal?
Sayf is offline Find More Posts by Sayf
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:07 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,214 Posts
If it vibrates to the point that it's noticable, then it's probably not normal. If you checked everything HeliPad suggested and still can't find the cause, may want to start taking things apart and reassembling; vibrations can be caused by parts not quite put together perfectly and reassembling could fix that sometimes.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Sep 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:16 AM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,045 Posts
you also might want to lube all joints with sewing oil. that solved my vibration
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:13 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayf View Post
Hi,

Well I've read some stuff on the internet some upgrades, and that a metal swashplate fix's.

I've just got mine a few days ago, haven't crashed it, it was vibrating out of the box. I can normally fly it though, but the helicopter, the battery and all are vibrating a lot, or is that perhaps normal?
Something is out of balance. Check your blades carefully for cracks (small dings and chips shouldn't cause a problem). If a flybar weight was thrown off, you wouldn't be able to fly at all. If you have a spare flybar however, swap it out. Also check that the main gear is correctly on the shaft. Watch how it meshes with the pinion. It should spin as true as possible, hitting the pinion consistently in the same place. It's normal to see it waver up and down a little. If it's hitting wildly high and low on the pinion though, that would cause excessive vibration. Loosen the set screw, adjust the gear, and re-tighten.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:14 PM
Australia, VIC, Mooroolbark
Joined Mar 2013
291 Posts
post deleted
rosco01 is offline Find More Posts by rosco01
Last edited by rosco01; Sep 12, 2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,213 Posts
As stated above vibration is mostly caused by something out of balance. A bent flybar. The other day my blades separated at the screw hole. Once I tightened them, the vibration was gone. Do not tighten them to much or they may crack at the screw hole.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40