HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:30 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,018 Posts
What the---

I just set up my GA250 on a HK600 went through all of the settings. got it just right.
Gyro was working perfectly

Went to charge a battery, when the battery was charged I tested it again, and the gyro stopped working- servo moves, all of the travels are OK the blue light comes on when in rate mode, it just will not make any corrections based on the helicopter position.

Now it works again.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
77 Posts
Hi. I just got this gyro for my hk450 v2 and I need to know how to install it in the heli. I am new to helis but this is the second time I am building a heli.
Thanks
sss34 is offline Find More Posts by sss34
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:08 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,018 Posts
bounce still there

I might be talking to myself, but I have one of the newer models with the delay function.

The bounce back is still there no matter what I do.
1. Setting the delay higher just makes the servo response sloppy.
2. The bounce back has nothing to do with helicopter or gyro response.
3. It is apparently programmed to compensate for overshoot from the command,
4. it compensates way too much, and there is no adjustment for that compensation.
It was tolerable when I had it on a 450, but it is really annoying on my 600.

Has there been another update I am not aware of?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jun 2011
69 Posts
[QUOTE=fpainter3;23344617]I might be talking to myself, but I have one of the newer models with the delay function.

-----------------------------------------------
I like this gyro and always open this post.
Please post, maybe other are watching, too.
Tomf35 is offline Find More Posts by Tomf35
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:20 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,018 Posts
[QUOTE=Tomf35;23425962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
I might be talking to myself, but I have one of the newer models with the delay function.

-----------------------------------------------
I like this gyro and always open this post.
Please post, maybe other are watching, too.
What is your point, do you know of another upgrade?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I just got my new gyro and it's a gray label. Does this mean I have to sent it back for an update Meng? What label are you guys sticking to as I've had a red last time I ordered and now I'm back to gray. It has the same numbers as the red label on the back. I'm starting to think the label may not matter or did I just get an old stock? Can't be, HK has been out of them I thought. I just opened the box and it also comes with the delay sheet, so I guess the color of the label doesn't mean anything really. So if you're just buying them you should be fine.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:02 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I just got my new gyro and it's a gray label. Does this mean I have to sent it back for an update Meng? What label are you guys sticking to as I've had a red last time I ordered and now I'm back to gray. It has the same numbers as the red label on the back. I'm starting to think the label may not matter or did I just get an old stock? Can't be, HK has been out of them I thought. I just opened the box and it also comes with the delay sheet, so I guess the color of the label doesn't mean anything really. So if you're just buying them you should be fine.
The firmware has been stable for several months now. I can;'t imagine there are any more in the distribution stream with the old firmware.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
You're right, I doubt it. It looks like they should be fine, just don't go by the label color any more as I just found out.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:32 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
You're right, I doubt it. It looks like they should be fine, just don't go by the label color any more as I just found out.
the current label is printed on the box,it's grey. the old grey label is a printed paper and stick at the side.

we product the current version for many months.HK haven't old version stock.

recently, we finished in company tests of our new 3 axies flybarless controller.we will working on this item in the follwoing months.we looked back the GA250's software, engineers think it's have no need to change.it's just fine and will keep it.

yours,

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:21 PM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
recently, we finished in company tests of our new 3 axies flybarless controller.we will working on this item in the follwoing months.we looked back the GA250's software, engineers think it's have no need to change.it's just fine and will keep it.
Maybe i've been out of the loop, but this is news to me. Any idea on a release date? Are you guys shooting for the same low price market the GA250 occupies, or will this be a higher end FBL controller?

I have several GA250's, and I've been very, very happy with them. They would have been a bargain at twice the price, but at $10, they're just incredible. If you guys are working on an FBL system, sign me up!
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:42 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
in the follwoing months.we looked back the GA250's software, engineers think it's have no need to change.it's just fine and will keep it.

yours,

meng
The "bounce back" when you stop commanded rotation in either direction still exists.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:09 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,606 Posts
No fix needed?

I only ever had stop bounce on one side with my (three) GA-250's, used on 450's.

I'd be more excited about an Assan FBL controller if their engineers didn't have this "it's fine, it doesn't need fixing" attitude. It doesn't bode well for the FBL controller.... and the CX 3x1000 at $30 will be hard for them to compete with.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:53 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,453 Posts
Quote:
I'd be more excited about an Assan FBL controller if their engineers didn't have this "it's fine, it doesn't need fixing" attitude. It doesn't bode well for the FBL controller.... and the CX 3x1000 at $30 will be hard for them to compete with.
totally agreed

... but maybe it is (like the GA250) a very good hardware platform for DIY firmware projects ...
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:16 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
... but maybe it is (like the GA250) a very good hardware platform for DIY firmware projects ...
Now you're talking!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:30 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
[QUOTE=2Doggs;23447766]I only ever had stop bounce on one side with my (three) GA-250's, used on 450's.

QUOTE]

left and right side need different setting sometime,and GA250 haven't such feature.GA510 have,you can try it.

we have some limited and can't make big change on GA250(hardware,software,operated way etc), which "no change" means we find we have no space to do more works on GA250.

OlliW have a good works on GA250's DIY project. thanks.

new FBL is not the cheapest product.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN